1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Window Repair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by l3igballer23, Jan 3, 2011.

1. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

I've got an issue with the driver's side window in my car. The window is stuck in the down position. I believe either the motor or regulator is broken. It's a 2004 g35 coupe. Any recommendations where to get it fixed? (other than the dealer who is charging an arm and a leg.) I'm in sugar land btw. Thanks for the help.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

thread jack!

how about windshield replacement? I have a long ass crack in mine. Anyone know a good place?

Accord with four doors.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ A friend recommended "Elite" for windshield repair and for window glass repair. I asked for my Corolla's windshield a while back last year that I still haven't fixed, but I can't find their number. :eek: I'm trying to get that. They come to your location, I believe, but it's only with an appointment and they fill the spots up fast.

4. Htown's2kFinest

I had that problem with my two door Honda Accord. It's gonna cost you some real money if it is the motor or the regulator.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

You can save 31% off dealer list by buying the part (whether it is the motor or regulator) here (note these are new/OEM parts):

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/ind...oupe&year=2004&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

You can probably find something a lot cheaper here:

http://car-parts.com

Find a body shop, instead of a service department or mechanic to do the work. Service departments/mechanics will charge anywhere from $75 (independent) $120 (dealer) for the work, whereas a body shop will only charge $40-$42.

If you need any recommendations on a body shop in your area, just let me know.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Buy the part online and do the repair yourself.... it is not that hard and you will learn something.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this....look on ebay, usually you have to get both parts together. YOu'll likely find it for 50-70, rather than the 100+ it'll cost you locally. Even a used one will probably run around 50-60, IIRC.

It's not very difficult. You might break some brackets taking the panel off, so maybe buy some extra, but they're not expensive. It should probably take about an hour, maybe less.