1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Tinting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by okaylam, Mar 16, 2007.

1. okaylam

okaylam Contributing Member

Anyone know of a good place to have a car tinted for a fair price. I'm looking for one in the northwest area (290/1960) area of town.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i know lots of people and places that tint window but only here in southeast

3. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

that around the galleria/greenway area? im looking as well....price or whatever?

4. BrieflySpeaking

no, pasadena, deer park etc..

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

infinity tint and alarm off of I45N and 1960 near Goodson Honda. They used to be on Veterans but moved over there I think a few years back. GREAT GREAT service and their work is top notch. I got my coupe done for 129 (20% all around) I think. It's more than what most places charge you but I can tell you they do excellent, excellent work. I refer all my family and friends there.

6. BrieflySpeaking

129, damn....i got my truck all around done for 80 buks

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

like i said

"I got my coupe done for 129 (20% all around) I think. It's more than what most places charge you but I can tell you they do excellent, excellent work. I refer all my family and friends there."

There are plenty of places that will do it for 80-90 dollars. I got it for that price and I felt it was a top notch quality job. The store is run by a family for about 20 years now and I'd gladly go back to them if I need to retint my car.

8. okaylam

Thanks for the suggestion, but southeast is a little further than what I would like to travel.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ask them what kind of tint they're installing and how long the warranty is. Some of the people getting the cheaper tint are going to notice it if they're still owning their car in the next 3-4 years when it starts peeling, bubbling, and turning purple. Semi-metallic tints from companies like Llumar, SolarGard, 3M, Madico, etc., are some of the best tints you can buy. Most tint places that use quality tint are going to run you $179+ (depending on the vehicle). And if they use high end tints like ceramic tint from Huper Optik, we're talking $275-$300+ (depending on the vehicle).

Also make sure you understand the laws about tinting your windows and how dark you can make them. Unless something has changed recently in texas, your side windows can be as low as 25%, but your rear window can be any darkness. There are exceptions to all this, like I think you're supposed to have sideview mirrors on both sides if the rear window is tinted. Most of these fly-by-night tint places have no clue what the latest laws on tinting are. If/when a cop stops you for the hell of it and tells you your windows are too dark, well... there go your savings by buying cheap tint. :)

I don't live in Houston anymore, so I can't help you as to where to go. Just be careful what you get or in 1-3 years you may regret it.

10. okaylam

Great information. I'll keep it in mind when shopping around. Thanks.

11. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Master Car Audio does a good job. I had my car tinted there. You get the lifetime warranty too and, unlike most other places, this place will be around down the road! They have been open since I moved here about 18 years ago.

Master Audio & Security
    5106 Highway 6 N Houston, TX 77084
    281 - 856 - 2627

12. okaylam

I'll have to check them out seems like a good place. Do you know the price range there for a full tint job?

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

okaylam,

To find a reputable dealer, here's something easy you can do : go to any new car lot or service bays and look for cars that have been tinted and are ready for customer pickup. Look on the window for a tint shop's name on the windows (usually on the driver's side window). Most dealerships don't do their own tinting, they outsource it to tint shops, then add on $30-$100 to the tint shop's price and make you pay that. If the tint shops suck, I doubt the dealerships would continue using them. That's how I find tint shops anyway... ;)

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Bumping this. Anyone know of a good place to get window tints around Southwest Houston? Thanks.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That place on Gessner. Executive Tint / Executive Motorsports. It's more west Houston than southwest but close enough. Good work in a timely manner, but it ain't cheap. My truck was about $250.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Saw this thread and was going to say the same thing. I have had mine and my wifes car done here and they do a great job. It isn't cheap, but it is worth the money if you want a good tint job with good quality.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Call this dude Jorge. He'll come to you and is great. Works for a dealership so he's good.

281-961-3057

Lives in NS so he's close too.

18. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Another vote for this. I have done two cars here.

19. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That is right by the Petsmart right? Yeah they're good