1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Insurance Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DrLudicrous, Nov 26, 2012.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In a way they do. In my case, I wasn't satisfied with what was being done. As I stated before, the regional office was able to get me the satisfaction after my agent threw up his hands and said "I've done all I could".

In another instance, when I was in my teens, our agent said they were going to pay X dollars after my car was totaled by a drunk driver with no insurance. My dad spoke with someone at the regional State Farm office after the agent indicated that was the best that could be done, and got more.

You are right. This is the same thing an agent could do, and if the agent isn't doing the job to your satisfaction, it DOES help to go "over their head".

My suggestion is a good one. Nothing may come of it, but in my personal experience, we are 2 for 2. The OP may have the world's greatest insurance agent who has done everything humanly possible to give him the best possible service. But, what's the harm with a 5 minute phone call? What would have happened had I taken your advice and not called the regional office?

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Update: I've been trying to get in touch with a supervisor at my insurance company for the past couple of weeks but the guy I was trying to call wasn't answering his phone or returning messages. Earlier today I left a message with another supervisor and just got a call that they have contacted the other insurance company and they will be paying for my out of pocket expenses.

Thanks Clutchfans.