1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Insurance Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sextuple Double, Jul 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sextuple Double

I'm about to buy my first car, a 98 Malibu. It only needs to get me to work and back and maybe a monthly 3-4hr drive. How much would car insurance cost??

2. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Are you a caveman?

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Depends on your age, driving record, etc.

4. micah1j

micah1j Member

$100 a month. ;)

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The best way to answer this question is by calling up 4-5 different companies and asking them.

With the little information I've gotten, I'm going to guess and say $2. I could be wrong. :D

If you have a Costco card and have a pretty incident-free driving record, go to their site and look up insurance... it's the only reason I have a Costco card.

6. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

On a serious note, yeah Micah sounds pretty close. I would say, unless you are over 21, 650 every six months or so. At 21 that would be about 450 every six months, and when you turn 25 about 250 every 6 months with a 98 malibu. That is with no marks on your record. Don't speed unless you're rich.

7. Sextuple Double

Thanks. It takes forever to get rates thru phones/internet which I'm just to lazy to do, thats why I had to ask. Monthly payments were my important thing, so 450/6 is within range.