1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CAR Dent Repair Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, May 3, 2005.

1. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I need help finding a way to fix a dent in my car that has been kicked:mad: . I do not want to file it on my insurance or get punked by some auto repair shop. Can anyone help or suggest something. I live in the clear lake area

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

kick the other side to balance the car out?

auto body repair might be the biggest rip off ever...those guys make auto mechanics look like boy scouts...

3. DUCK2324

I don't think the wife would like that

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Hell yeah, I reember when I hit something in my Mazda Protege and a fender, a headlight, and the front bumper needed to be replaced. I looked online and the average cost of all the parts combined was around $500. The cheapest estimate I got from an auto body repair shop was $1400. Almost a thousand for labor? Come on. I know you have to take stuff off and put it back on but damn it was only going to be a one day job so how hard could it have been?

5. DUCK2324

No body has any information to help me. You guys know something about EVERYTHING else, Please help me:)

6. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i had a dent in my accord and i took it to joseph's auto service on bissonet near 59 on Honeywell (where a bunch of asians go). it seems a bit shady in that area of town but he did it for $300 for hammering the dent out, buffing it and repainting it. she's a beauty!!!

he can always give you an estimate. i think you can find contact info on citysearch.

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

If you dont want to pay out the butt for body work you need to "KNOW" someone, that knows someone... that can do the work, I took a truck to get body work done to a "UNCLE" of a friend and payed cash to get a good deal.. sure it may need to be repainted in a few years, but I sold that thing a few months after anyway... what was a $3000.00 repair without frame damage got cut to cost and 100.00 for a total of $800.00 if I remember correctly..

Or there's always OH NO!! better get MACO!!

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

it's just a car. let got of your attachment to your material possessions and the dent will become meaningless to you.

if that doesn't work, kick a dent in the other side and if the wife gets mad, kick her too.

9. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

How big is the dent? I have seen some rather large ones (like 6 inches in diameter) taken out by those "paintless" dent repair places.

10. DUCK2324

I have not heard of those. Where would you find one?

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know a guy who has a business on the side of his regular job doing auto body work. He's a fireman, they only work three days a week so he does the in his free time and its legitimate. I've even used him with the insurance paying him. For a dent I'm sure he wouldn't charge that much.

13. DUCK2324

Do you have a name and phone #

Thank you everybody:)

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

if it was "kicked in" then it doesn't sound like its going to pop out

if you want, email a picture of it to me ..chrodell@earthlink.net (i am an auto damage appraiser)

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Just look in the phonebook or google search for one in your area. Paintless dent repair is what it goes by.

Its going to depend on how severe the dent is and where it is located on the car. "Kicked in" sounds it may be too much damage but it may be worth looking into.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But be sure to kick her on both sides from the get go.