1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Dealerships

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MosKeemYao, Nov 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Anyone have any tips on good dealerships (oxymoron?), now in the car market after car accident (not my fault). Looking for used 5000-8000K range.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Stay away from Helfman ford.

Bought a Used f150....had no air filter. ....their 120 point inspection bs or whatever they claim lol.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They dont come with one.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol. Yeah, driving off the lot and countless more miles before I decided to check it. Never thought of checking the filter....won't forget it now.

Bought my first vehicle from McHaik ford. Good over all experience. Should have went back.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Sounds like you need to take a trip down old Spencer HWY in South Houston. Whole lotta places like that in the hood.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

What are you looking for? For that price you would be better off buying a car from an individual, not a dealership.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

For less than 8000k, you should buy a Ferrari.

8. dragician

dragician Member

they're all bad, you just have to be smart and do your homework before you drive into their parking lot.

9. what

what Member

if you have your proverbial **** together, every dealership is a good dealership. counting on the kindness of a dealership to provide you a good deal is what is the oxymoron. you need to bring to the table the knowledge necessary not to get screwed and you need to expect, if you don't have your **** together, to get screwed.

and by **** together I'm including a good credit report, a stable work history, bank account, etc. These are your negotiating points. Also, if you financed a car before and you paid that car off, you will get a great financing rate as this is probably the most important factor (along with a good credit score) they look for.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Also came in here to say avoid Helfman. I didn't buy from them, but their sales guy was a douche even by car salesman standards.

11. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Avenue A represent..................

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Pretty much this.

Our last two cars we bought from Fort Bend Toyota. First experience was ok and second was great and about as painless as you can expect. What made it that wasn't necessarily the dealership so much as the experience and paperwork I brought into the deal.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Sounds like not much has changed in the 15 years since my experience with them.

I remember back in college, my mom brought me to help her shop for a new car. Went to Lone Star Nissan, which is now Sterling McCall I think. The sales guy on the lot walked up to us and immediately started talking to me; in fact he didn't really give my mom much attention at all. So he pretty much lost us from the start.