1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Broken Into This Morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rowdy4Life, Apr 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Woke up for work this morning (you know, what HONEST people do) to find that 5 cars on my tiny col-de-sac, including my own, were broken into last night.

So far it has been 5 ford/chevy vehicles 2009 models and above and ALL of them were locked with no visible forced entry. My two other vehicles are older with no tint and clearly have things inside (cds, radios, etc) and were not touched. The officer that took the report is thinking that they might have remotes for those particular vehicles, great.

They opened all of my glove boxes and took nothing. So far all the vehicles in on my street have not found anything missing, its like they were looking for cash/cards/identity info and if they couldn't find anything they left. They left about 500 cds sitting under my driver seat.

Im glad nothing was taken but it just really pisses me off and this is my outlet to vent so that is what I am doing. My vehicle is parked no more than 10 feet from my 9 month old child's window and it makes me sick to think about some A*hole was roaming out there.

Thanks for hearing me b****.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More information please.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I've had a car broken into before as well. It sucks. But at least it sounds like nothing was taken. And now you know that you probably shouldn't keep anything important/valuable in the car overnight.

4. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

What would you care to know?

5. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

How did they break into your car? What kind of neighborhood do you live in? Do you feel the break in was random?

6. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Well we bought the house a little bit over a month ago, I was very thorough when chosing my neighborhood for us to start are family in. I live on the east side of Pearland near Friendswood, I chose the area because statistically they offer the best schools in PISD and historically, they have the lowest crime rate in the city.

All signs point to the break in being caculated. It appears they used a remote to unlock specific cars and de-activate the alarm systems, all new model chevy/ford vehicles.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Install a video camera system, and some lighting that is movement activated.

DD

8. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Yeah, I'm putting lights in today, and my wife wants to call ADT and activate the alarm that the previous owners had in the house. Im 22 and my wife is 21 so this is our first experience of something like this happening to something WE own, and it scares her but overall just pisses me off.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If you are 22 and have a house, you guys are way ahead of most folks.

DD

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Don't go with ADT. Try Brinks (now known as Broadview). Everybody residential I know that has tried ADT regretted it.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I have ADT, and it works great.

The sign is the biggest deterent, make sure it is visible and prominent.

DD

12. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

How is he 22 and married?

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Speaking of 22, this brings up another interesting topic. I have a .22 caliber in my car, it would suck really bad if I got broken into and they found it and took it.

For those who carry a handgun, where do you keep it in the car?

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't waste your money on a monthly subscription to a home security system.

It's not worth it. If someone tried to back in you house it's one thing. A car is another.

It's your money but a dog you would do better at keeping burglars away than a sign on your lawn. I recommend a Pit. It'll stop getting Mormons too.

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Aren't pitbulls expensive to maintain?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess It's like having any dog. I just like pits. You could get a Lab or Retriever, it really doesn't matter.

Burglars won't take a chance when then see a big dog.

Hard to maintain? I guess $20 on food? maybe?

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sucks but it's just one of those things that you have to deal with. Had mine broken into twice over the last 4 years. Usually they do a mass hit in the area, not unlike your situation. Although they broke my windows to get in.

18. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

I am not worried about the house, and getting a security system is not for my benefit but for the peace of mind for my wife. Starting in June I will be in a job wear I am working mostly nights and she worries about being home alone.

As for a dog, we have a 3 month old rottweiler.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I have dogs outside that bark at anything. Thiefs would have no chance.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We had our old Suburban broken into and stolen when I was a teenager, my stepdad jury-rigged the wiring to a homemade switch underneath the steering wheel that when flipped on would blare the horn as soon as the ignition was turned on.

We got the vehicle back a month later because the idiots kept trying to put gasoline in it when it clearly said "diesel fuel only".

They probably didn't speak English anyway, when we got it back there this big homemade LA Galaxy blanket in it.