1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

car advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CriscoKidd, Dec 14, 2006.

Tags:
  1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

My is car falling apart and gouging my bank account. I need to get another, but problem is that I've never really dealt with any dealers before(bought my vehicles from family/friends) and I don't pay attention to news/reviews or prices of cars either really.

Any good web resources to look at?

Any car recomendations? I'm just looking for something somewhat cheap, reliable, and good gas mileage. I'm a no frills guy. I don't particularly like the prospects of it, but I was leaning more towards a new vehicle, or at least something very close to it, along with a kickass warranty. No more unexpected repairs.

any input appreciated, even jokes at my expense. Not feeling in the best of moods right now. :(

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Used/New Honda or Toyota

A Corolla would suit you nicely. No frills, cheap, reliable and good gas mileage.

3. updawg

updawg Member

Honda, a civic would be good for you

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I always buy used cars that are less than a year old. You save on sticker price but you still have the warranty.

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I prefer the civic over a corolla, but the THEFT rate on Honda's are ridiculous.

6. R=$

R=$ Member

HONDA FIT :D

7. hithereitstim

hithereitstim Member

Because they are easy to mod to make them fast as hell.

8. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I'm selling my Honda Accord 2002. I'm the first owner. It's EX and color is silver. Leather. Low Mileage: 42K.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Use edmonds.com to check for prices of what you should pay or expect to pay.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You wanna buy mine?

I just found out today I might be moving to Manhattan(got into this school YAYUH!!) and will have to sell my car if I do so.

2003 Silver Accord Coupe.. 41 K miles.. 5 speed manual.. First driver.

[​IMG]

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

thanks.

don't live anywhere close to Houston, so buying from the bbs isn't even an option guys. :)

12. Fatty FatBastard

Both my brother and my parents both got incredible deals on ebay, of all places. If you have the patience, you can get a steal on there.

13. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member