1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela vs. Jones vs. D-Mo D-League stats comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Mar 7, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Their market value will be sky rocketin

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well you must have missed them? I didnt see their actual stats in your post???

3. dmoneybangbang

You don't think he has high bust and high reward potential? That was my intent.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The conclusion is that he has better per 36 stats in the D-league.

5. hakeemthagreat

Is it me or does he get off the ground too slow. That's his biggest flaw to me

6. bmd

bmd Member

Those are actual stats...

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Like I said, I hope I am wrong -- I've just never seen a young player look that bad before, even in scrub time.

I'd be happy to do a good natured long term tip jar bet with you over whether or not he is able to contribute positively next season. Something like, if he averages more total rebounds, blocks and points per game next season than Dorsey does this season, then you win -- that sort of thing.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Jones always looked decent... You're right though, D-Mo was HORRIBLE early on.

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

I'd like to have more insight into his work ethic. To make the leap to NBA he needs to put in a whole lot of work. DMo clearly had it and TJones also. Don't know about Clint...but that will ultimately determine his fate.

10. bmd

bmd Member

I don't know how much he'd play next year.

He needs to get that first basket and get some confidence and he'll be fine. He's gotta get that monkey off his back.

11. bmd

bmd Member

Jones was a star player in high school and went on to play at a big-time program in Kentucky and played in the Final Four and won a national championship. He's had a lot of experience under the bright lights. Plus he doesn't have the added pressure of being in a foreign land.

The lights are too bright for Clint right now. He's never played on a stage anywhere near the NBA before.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think it's you. He gets off the ground quick enough, he just does it effortlessly. Someone who is slow off the ground is Dorsey, he really has to gather himself.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Capela is going to be good. He will be able to rebound, block shots, and finish at the NBA level. Whether or not he will be able to do more than that is the real mystery and will determine if he can be better than good.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Our own homegrown Dikembe?

15. cmellon

cmellon Member

Why don't you watch interview with Daryl at NBA.com/rockets page. There's nobody as efficient and as good in the summer league as Capela in the history, according to Daryl. He is very high on the kid.
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/?hp=1

16. nobie

nobie Member

Capela is extremely talented. But i think he will need a season or two in nba, before he can fully reach his potential (same as DMo and TJo)

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

vs future Rocket PF vs future Rocket C and so on

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No.

It is not their actual stats. It is a multiple of their actual stat - which is quite meaningless.....

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Lol that's like scaling a vector and then acting like original is lost forever. You don't have to like per36 (or even Clint) but the bmd wasn't misrepresenting anything enough to be hassled for it.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah, i wasnt hassling him, just said he didnt post the actual stats! He kept saying he did..

How many players perform in 36 the exact same way they do in 22? Or 14? I doubt very much it is a linear progression which allows for simple extrapolation?