1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela vs. Jones vs. D-Mo D-League stats comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Mar 7, 2015.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Nah man. D-Mo would hyperventilate and cheap foul his way back to the bench. T-Jones would get completely lost.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Capela is sn interesting player though...i think mentally he needs work, which is evident by how he looked as a Rocket....but physically he's amazing. He's a little bit of Deke, but also a little bit of Dream. In the end, he could turn out to be a skilled Dwight, best case.

check out the move at 2:05

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kocq5MAZoAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What are his stats compared to Michael Jordan's D-League stats?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

100% better

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Fixed

6. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

I think Capella is much like Hassan Whiteside in that he needs to decide whether he wants to develop his game to make the leap to the NBA. If he decides to develop a shot and some post-up moves there's no reason why he can't be a solid player in the league. Remember, Whiteside was cut by several teams and played for several non-NBA leagues before putting it all together. Physically, Capella has the athleticism... but that will only take him so far in the NBA.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

bulk up and keep developing in the dleague. those are good stats but nothing to go on really, just that hes in the right direction

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Have there been reports that he is unmotivated? I haven't heard anything indicating that.

He seems to be extremely motivated to me - he plays hard, he demanded to be signed to an NBA contract immediately after the draft and didn't want to play in Europe, and he didn't complain about jumping between the D-League and the Rockets.

He just needs a couple years, and unfortunately I'm guessing that he'll be ready to start or contribute major minutes right about the time his contract is expiring. The Rockets will pay him for years to develop, then another team will grab him and benefit from our patience.

If we're lucky, maybe the Rockets will get one great year out of him without mortgaging their future.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is this like the Blue/Black for White/Gold dress? Will some people see Yes and others No, and Maybe?

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I imagine we will see him a lot in the pre-season next season. Hopefully he can turn into a competent back up and even more competent starter if Dwight can not play.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Man, I sure hope I am wrong, but I think Capela is going to be a bust. I know he seems good in the D League, but I have just never, in my life, seen anyone look so out of place (in a bad way) on an NBA court. Ever. It is like watching a baby deer competing in the Kentucky Derby.

I don't know what it is. Maybe he needs a sports psychologist. Maybe he can only have any positive impact on the court when he has a significant physical advantage. I don't know.

I really think the Rockets were trying to draft someone they could stash overseas this year so they could keep a 1st round pick off their cap sheet, and they thought Capela was an obvious choice for that. Then, if he ever panned out -- great, bring him over. If not, well, we just didn't want anyone on the books that year. Then Capela repeatedly refused to stay overseas, and the Rocket's plan blew up in their face a little bit.

I am rooting for him, but I am sure as heck not betting on him.

12. dmoneybangbang

Capela seems to be getting quite a bit of special attention from the rockets organization, can't imagine a better system to make him a productive player. Can't wait until summer league to see wheres he's at.

13. vince

vince Member

Good thing is that unlike Lull, Capella is on the roster. what good is it to have a great prospect if they dont want to play for the Rockets.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He'll demand a trade if we dont start him soon

15. dmoneybangbang

He's a high bust/high potential type of player that Morey generally goes after when he has a mid-1st round pick. He isn't ready for the NBA this year and I'd be surprised if we see him play anything but garbage minutes next year. I see him more of coming along (if he ever does) like Dmo.

He needs to put on weight, muscle, and core strength. He needs to play more basketball, hopefully he can play internationally between D-League and Summer League.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What sort of thread is this??
    You don't even give us their actual RGV stats....

What, if any, conclusions can we draw from that?

17. Doctor Robert

19 minutes
    8 rebounds
    1 assist
    1 steal
    1 block
    0 points

Look at the D-League film. He moves well, has good balance, has a decent touch, good hands, blocks instinctively... and he even shows a jump shot out to maybe 10-12 feet. Just because he is 20 years old and forced some shots with the scrub lineup doesn't mean anything. He is 60% on free throws and 62% from the field. I'm more worried that he's going to outgrow the Rockets ability to pay him.

18. Doctor Robert

I'm not in the Capela fan club, but I just don't see how Capela was a risky draft pick. He was taken right around the spot when he was projected to be taken. He is 6'-10" tall with a ridiculous wingspan and is probably well above average development for someone his age. I really can't see him as anything less than a very useful backup, which IS NOT a bust for a #25 pick.

19. bmd

bmd Member

This is a huge over-reaction.

He's hardly played at all in the NBA.

Not even enough time to get the nerves out.

He's played only a couple minutes at a time. Not even close to enough time to shake off the deer in headlights nervousness of playing in the NBA.

20. bmd

bmd Member

Yes I did. I took the stats straight from basketball-reference.