1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela rejected Rocket's 5 year $85 million offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think Clint's agent is doing his job, but Clint needs to exert some common sense. Taking the QO to maybe make more next year with a new team that may not be as good of a fit vs $18 mil to stick with Harden and Paul for the next 5 years in a city he's grown comfortable with?

Don't go any higher Daryl. That's a solid offer in a lean market with no other bidders. If Clint won't take $18 mil I say welcome to the trade deadline. At least we won't lose him for nothing.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

All I can say is wow. Some of these players who really doesn't have a game are off the darn charts. I mean if it wasn't for Harden dude would be a freaking bench rider on any other team. Heck he probably wouldn't be in the NBA if it wasn't for Harden. The man told them to ditch Howard for this greedy ash joker. How in the heck you turn down 90 million.

htxaf and PeterKingX like this.
  3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What’s wrong with him is Darren Matsubara... who is also Steven Adams agent.

And Clint’s middle name (or part of his surname) is Ndumba

4. MD_in_Training

This. How did we let Noel slip through our fingers to OKC of all places?? Noel would have salivated at the chance to play with two top creators in the game. For any athletic big who can rim run, playing with Harden or CP3 is basically getting handed a blank check.

Should have signed Noel for cheap. Play hard ball with CC, and if no go, then trade him to highest bidder for assets, which we can use for 3rd star.

RocketsTerps and htxaf like this.
  5. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

You guys know Chris paul making 40m a year right? Let me repeat, 40m A YEAR!!!!!!

TheFreak likes this.
  6. valorita

valorita Member

Daryl,
    Start coming down on the offer.

5/75
    5/65
    5/60

See who blinks.

PeterKingX and htxaf like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

$85 million for 5 years is $17 million a year. Offer him $18 million a year for 4 years, no player option. Wants a player option? He can take the 85/5 offer and get a player option in year 5. Take it or leave it. This is getting a bit irritating. I had warmer feelings towards the guy earlier and would have thought $72 million for 4 years with a PO in year 4 was a good offer. The kid needs to think about where he wants to be. We're a contending team. Does he want to be a part of that or not?

ghettocheeze, cdrive, Aruba77 and 3 others like this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Clint Capela <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Chris Paul

htxaf likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Apparently the Rockets think he is worth $85,000,000 because they have already offered that much. Houston is part of the market and has the reputation as being hard negotiators.

heypartner likes this.
  10. Aruba77

He's also the same agent that got Gorgui Dieng that abomination of a contract

davidio840 likes this.
  11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Well, for the rockets, clint and paul have the same value. We actually win more with clint than paul.

12. Aruba77

For $40 mil a year you have to be able to get your own shot. At least Paul can do that. Capela has a long way to go there. He's an $18 mil player. Morey has him priced right.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And I didn't agree to that either. Go check out my response to that bullcrap. But Paul is more valuable than this clown. Who might I add cant create for himself, terrible from the line. 25 million a year for that type of production is insane.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Hey, Daryl or Daryl's people: If you're reading this to get a sense of how deeply your fan base is attached to Capela, the answer for me and some others is: He's expendable.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Ryan Anderson's bad contract already caused enough trouble for us.
    We dont need another one.
    Bye Capela.

16. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

The difference is if we trade Capela, it has to be in the middle of next season, so an extension can't be signed immediately when the trade happens, so it's kind of insecure for both Capela and the team receiving him.

More importantly, the new team won't have Capela's bird rights, so they have to sign him with room. If they already have the room and really wants Capela, why don't they wait till the end of the coming season and just sign him as a free agent? There won't be many competitors, especially if the new team is going to give Capela max.

There might be a trade, but the return we are going to get is very limited. At best, we may use Capela to dump Ryan Anderson's contract, and get someone like Kent Bazemore and Dewayne Dedmon back. This is not ideal if we want to compete for chip this season.

seeingred likes this.
  17. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Bet Capela would have taken the offer if we had an athletic big on the bench behind him

18. MD_in_Training

Morey shoulda have pursued someone like Nerlens Noel. CC is 100% expendable, but you'd have to replace him with another rim runner/shot blocker.

htxaf likes this.
  19. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

i would definitely do 20m/year. Clint is worth 20m/year, just ask that trash Anderson to see how much he's worth lol

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I agree. I LOVED Clint, but this is BS. Get Butler for him and let’s move on

htxaf and PeterKingX like this.