1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela progressing rapidly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 6, 2015.

1. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

So as long as each of Capela's arms grow about a foot longer then he is good to go. Seriously though...I am kinda scared of Gobert. Their frontline was young and had no idea what they were doing and they still basically shut down the paint. If they figure it out in a couple years....yikes.

2. bongman

bongman Member

At his age, he has a standing reach of 9'3" and a no step vertical of 27.5". This means that he only has to jump a foot and his hands are 3" above the rim - more than enough to block most shots. His max vertical is 31". So if you give him a step before he jumps, his fingertips are 2ft above the rim. As a reference, His length is equal to Mutombo. He does not need extra length, just experience.

3. Naismith

Naismith Member

Yes
    basketball IQ??????

MOTOR????

4. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I was being somewhat facetious as Gobert's proportions are like something out of a comic book, but you are definitely on point that he needs plenty more run and experience before we will see anything that can contribute at an NBA level. The few times that he has been on the court for the Rockets have been...less than desirable.

5. bongman

bongman Member

I am presuming you are talking about offense. I am personally not too concerned about that. If he can give us 3 blocks a game, double digit rebounding and about 5 altered shots, any pts he adds is just bonus.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nice. Very compelling metrics. No wonder dude looks like he can dunk 10 feet from the basket. Bring him up next year and let him play some backup minutes.

7. Possum

Possum Member

Howard should have to watch this kid to learn how he should play again. I'm so sick of seeing Howard get the ball in the low post and turn it over. He needs to go back to either dunking the ball or passing it back out. Actually we should just stop passing the ball into him unless he has his man pinned under the basket.

8. acjeitherocket

I was wondering the same

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Just a reminder that Clint Capela and the Vipers will be on NBA TV at noon, as the Vipers play in the NBA D-League Showcase.

2 people like this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Thanks for the reminder! I actually have some time to watch today.

11. Zbed

Zbed Member

Did you just say Howard should learn from Capela? lololol

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

All dunks, all the time.

We should nickname him that... All-Dunks

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OjqVtMrHK5v/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. bmd

bmd Member

He just hit a jump shot. He seems to have nice touch and form. He has the ability to be a decent shooter. If he can develop a consistent mid-range shot, he could be a nice offensive player.

15. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Just watched him nail a 15 ft baseline jumper with nice form. He has the skills to be much more than just a dunker. I could definitely see him contributing next year, whether it's for the Rockets or another team.

16. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

With him it's going to be all about the mental aspect of his game, like knowing where to go with the ball. It will take time to adjust to the speed of the NBA but his quick progress in the Dleague is a good sign. Definitely has the tools offensively and defensively

17. FeaR

FeaR Member

Know I understand why McHale doesn't trust him. He just isn't very good when his shot is off.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He's been really good this game. He just needs experience to really understand how he can excel in the pro game.

20. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

and that he's 20 years old