1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Since the ASB Capela has been playing better and better weekly. He is not a complete player yet, but by the start of next season, he will be passable if not legitimate; depending on who we hire to coach.

Management is clearly moving in that direction and Dwight is being phased out
    [​IMG]

I am still very high on Dwight, I think he is being misused and he is still a good player. But the cards and showing that Capela is younger, better contract, and better in our style of offense. Great motor. [​IMG]

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

No, not really even close. Capela can be moved with just a touch. Can't hold his ground very well.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what happened to clutchfans this season? capella's skinny frame will get bullied if he's the starting center. dwight can hold his position and get key rebounds and contests and blocks. capela should be the backup center next season still.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I am speaking about next season going forward.

Capela is much better for a small ball lineup. The direction the league is moving..

The chances Dwight returns are getting smaller with every game.

durvasa likes this.
  5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No, actually it is Dwight who has made Dwight Obsolete...

Joe Gent, JuNx and rocketsregle like this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight made himself obsolete. Capela should get more minutes out of necessity, not because he's ready to be a starting C for a contending team.

Quite frankly, I hope both are not on the roster next year. We need a stretch 5 to complement Harden. We'll be more offensively efficient just by getting rid of our worst free throw shooters.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i'd much rather have a physical strong starting center who can hold his ground. capela is a godo small ball center but he's not ready for heavy minutes.

even if dwight stays and is on the same level as this season, with a real coach, we wont need dwight otu there for long. he'll be like a 20-25mpg center, with dmo and capella getting the other half minutes at center.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Basically.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just came in to post this.

kreem likes this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Dwight will only play worse as his career moves forward. Rockets need to move on and spend the money elsewhere.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dwight doesn't even give enough effort on the defensive end to be considered a better defender than Cappela at this point

12. rocketsmetalspd

Dwight is making plans to bolt so the decision is already made for the Rockets. Capela will get better but the team will need another C for next season.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Don't we still have Three Sandwiches at our disposal?; (Joshua Smith)

We got our center

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Anyone tryna reconsider?

15. omgTHEpotential

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is better than Dwight, smarter, more skilled, and is on the up - whereas Dwight continues to decline and makes the same dumbass mistakes he has made since he was 19.

GOOD BYE !

DD

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah, unless Dwight signs back for like $10-12 mil I don't want him back anymore. I think this is the year he truly declined, to the point where I don't foresee playoff Dwight coming into play.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Obsolete" is strong...but I'm perfectly content with Capela taking the keys at center and signing a free agent to complement him.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He's been shooting them much better over the last 10 games

20. malakas

malakas Member

If he improves a lot in the summer and gets stronger he may be passable as a backup next year. As a starter? Lol.