1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela deal lined up pending on Butler agreeing to rockets deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 28, 2019.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He slowly improved all year imo

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

You trade Chris Paul for Gordon Hayward
    You don't trade Clint, Eric & 1st for Hayward
    FOH

JoeBarelyCares, cbass, tc0330 and 6 others like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thinking about this a lot and Hayward wouldn't be so bad here. His days of needing to handle the ball and create shot opportunities are probably gone BUT he can turn himself into a pretty good spot up shooter 1st, penetrator 2nd on this team. Having him and Tucker flanked at opposite corner 3s would be pretty good. Let him regain his confidence back and then let him handle the ball with the 2nd unit.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Garner

Garner Member

why are we so desperate to trade clint capela again?

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Doc is right about Morey rarely getting players to fit our style of play. Where are the 3pt shooters?

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's our only positive asset that gives us a path to upgrading significantly. I also think a lot of people soured on him based on his playoff performance this year. I will say as a big Capela fan, it was a little worrisome that the guy signed a nice contract last off-season, but comes back without any measured improvement in his game. No development of footwork or even a little hook, no hands in traffic, he still needed a full second or more to gather and dunk, his free throw shooting got worse, etc. Unless he's willing to really and truly dedicate himself to being a better all-around player, I think his name will always come up in trade discussions honestly.

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

This trade is a freeaking disaster, no matter how you spin it.

Hayward is still a bad contract, Yabusele has zero value and he's actually overpaid for a guy who hasn't show anything. Why would the Rockets make this deal? Their players are already by far the best assets in the trade, and they should also give Ainge a pick? Lmao.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I agree and don’t see it.

Something tells me there will be a trade and something no one saw coming.

Vivi likes this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

idk why people think the answer to our problems are older players lol

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

cf's cried endlessly about a 40% 3 point shooter whose defense made him unplayable. so he got rid of him

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I do recall seeing a little hook from Capela early in the season, though. Don't know what happened to it. I don't know if he was joking, but Capela mentioned in an interview that he wants to work on his three-point shooting this summer.

12. Garner

Garner Member

I agree he is a positive trade asset, but i take exception with people acting like he is a must trade. Another team would be happily buying low on him.

One, is FT shooting has improved every year he has been in the league. Last year, he posted a career best 63.5% up from 56% the year before.

Secondly, he took on a significantly bigger minute load. He was a 33mpg player last year and his game scaled. He scored and rebounded more in additional minutes. that's no small thing.

Does capela struggle in many matchups? Absolutely. Does he dominate in many others? yep.

The guy is 25. I think its reasonable for him to still be working on footwork, hooks (how many guys in the NBA actually use this shot though?), hands, etc.