1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 4, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. smp

smp Member

Buh-bye. Too bad he never learned any offensive skills or how to shoot FT’s. Harden made him look much better than he actually is.

See ya.

3. Rudy

Rudy Member

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

my bad, didn't notice that this thread existed so I made another (worse) Capela thread...love this dude's hustle, energy, and personality.

The Capela--Harden connection is a thing of beauty.

The East is going to have a new All-Star, probably.

edit: and Trae Young to Capela for the oop sounds like it'd be pretty potent over in Atlanta.

dkim1984, FrontRunner, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

When I think back to Clint's very first appearances with the Rockets, I realize what a great pick he was....but when I think about how quickly he's plateaued as a player, I realize what a disappointment he ultimately was.

Good luck in Atlanta Clint.

ak99999, lw17, jboslett and 5 others like this.
  6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Capela was the one rotation guy we drafted. We watched him grow from a project to at times a fearsome force who held his own and sometimes outplayed the best centers in the NBA. Gonna miss you big fella

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No one appreciates Clint more than the Warriors do.

That being said, I enjoyed watching him dominate Rudy Robert and KAT, and most of the rest of the league.

Best of luck to him, although careers go to Atlanta to die.

joshuaao, lw17, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I remember thinking he'd be out of the league in about 30 games after seeing him start his career with something like 25 straight missed free throws or whatever. Looked completely lost on the court.

Very cool to see him work hard and become a great player. A great Rocket, and I hope he does very well in Atlanta. Trae Young and him will be a great duo.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm so sorry this organization failed you, Clint. Thanks for the years of entertainment. Good luck in Atlanta.

Spacemoth and Stephen_A like this.
  10. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Appreciated him for years but the GS series, the shrinking at times, not dunking but quickly softly laying it up and that blond orange style hair patch stick with me. Loved the guy’s energy and hustle, how he owned Gobert and KAT, improved his FT shooting, was a great rebounder this year, but there was unfortunately a ceiling and he hit it. He’ll be better served in Atlanta, good luck man. You and Trae will be deadly!!

Lawlruschang, HP3 and Roomba like this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

ridiculous. The other franchises never have to do this to get comparable deals. Its like the system steals from us we never can make a solid deal. But we saved money, maybe we can still have hope in the buyout market......ugh thats if we can afford it

Lawlruschang and Stephen_A like this.
  13. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

You deserve better than this Swiss Man. Rocket fans also deserve better. We got rob like a Swiss bank

malakas, D-rock and Stephen_A like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Thay
    That’s the history and legacy of morey: dumping the future for now, signing veterans low with hopes for high returns and poor draft picks.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

the deal wasn’t so much about him but Rox need for shooting and D against those big 2s and 3s in the west and Giannis. That’s what this deal is about. I think it’ll haunt them as Clint will have more freedom to operate and dont be surprised if he’s an all star next year. Great person great team mate. Sad to see him go.

D-rock and Lawlruschang like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

sucks man

FrontRunner, Lawlruschang and HP3 like this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah sad day. Such a great person and player. Positive energy always that’s going to be Hard to replace. Wish him well.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Thank you Clinty, gonna miss you. I will never forget how you owned the Jazz in the playoffs!

I hope you do well in ATL.

FrontRunner, malakas, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah I agree. I think if he continues to improve and given more room to operate he could be great. He’s the only good draft pick morey has ever had that he kept btw. Let me remind folks. Sad day. He looked visibly sad on the bench today. Be well big guy.