1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canva: really truly is graphics design made dead simple

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 1, 2015.

1. what

what Member

Listen, I get nothing for this AT ALL. I am just passing along a fantastic new website that I have been using non-stop since I discovered it: canva.com.

For people like me, who really don't have the time to learn photoshop or illustrator (who own a small business) this website can make professional-looking designs for a range of "canva" such as a facebook cover, google+ cover, a social media image, twitter and so much more.

I had the hardest time with photoshop that I gave up on it, the same goes for pixlr and others. It required "layers" etc. This website takes all of that and throws it out the window.

All the colors, fonts, pretty much work together, and best of all--most things are absolutely free (for now, anyway).

If you are a small business do yourself a favor and try this out. It's not going to help you make a great logo, but it will help you will common graphic needs.

1 person likes this.
  2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

This is legit. Thanks!

3. what

what Member

Here's a video tutorial.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kyROcitFW0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I am so glad I didn't choose to become a graphic designer professionally.
    Small jobs and tasks once delegated to graphic designers to make a quick buck are being replaced by these cookie cutter automated design factory websites.

5. what

what Member

wow the troll is deep in this post. why not say "wow, i'm sure glad i didn't start a mom n pop store - places once dedicated to quality goods and services are now being replaced by walmart."

but i bet you still go to walmart right?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Truth. Paying other people to do work for you will never go out of style.

Just because you have the knowledge at your fingertips doesn't mean you'll do the job.

-Signed, 99% of internet users

7. RedRedemption

I'm happy I dodged a bullet, so that's that.
    Are you sure you aren't shilling for canva with that fiery rebuttal? Lol.

Honestly, its a smart move. It separates itself from any other generic crap image editor by providing templates. That alone is worth the $3 million in funding it got, surprised that it took this long for somebody to make something like this.

Just because they removed the abstraction of what layers are doesn't mean that's not how it still fundamentally works. The only thing that was really thrown out the window is potential functionality.
    Layers are completely intuitive! :p
    Just saying for anyone that is intimidated by Photoshop, don't be; the learning curve is very simple.

#7 RedRedemption, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. what

what Member

It provides a service. Nothing is going to really replace great graphic artists. But sometimes it just isn't in the budget.

I spent about 600.00 on my logo and other various projects, but I'm glad that this can help me create images to go with my blog posts and I don't have to spend that money on my graphic designer.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

what, can i read your blog

10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

:confused:

:eek:

:eek:

11. what

what Member

My blog is not creative, it is business-oriented. I've debated whether I should put it on here so ya'll can see what I I do and who I am. But I think that there are so many kids on here that I would be certain that I would regret posting my stuff out here.

If you get my drift. I hate it because I am proud of my website and what I was able to do, but I just can't take the chance.

12. RedRedemption

Honestly, if it was a personal blog I would have opted to make something for you for free. I can still do so if you want.

13. what

what Member

I appreciate it. I actually spent a little over two years and probably a dozen different versions of this website to get what I got. It is one of the best laid out and informative websites in my industry.

I actually ran my site through the seo checker along with some other big named sites (amazon, and others) MINE actually had a better seo score. Though I understand that seo checkers aren't THAT reliable.

As you know, to get a website to REALLY look like YOU and have a personality, it takes a LOT of work.

14. hairyme

hairyme Member

I knew it.

what is a p*rn star.

1 person likes this.
  15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Too funny.

16. RedRedemption

SEO is definitely one of the most difficult aspects of maintaining a website that you need to be in public eye. Kudos for the massive amount of pre-planning that it requires to crush that aspect. It sure ain't easy.