1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't watch the Rockets or Astros games from home? Sign the Petition!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by studogg, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rockets13champs

IS THERE ANY AGREEMENT YET?

2. rockets13champs

I DONT KNOW IF WE CAN GET TO THE LIMIT

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Guys - please keep up the good work. Reddit, Facebook, Twitter.

I'm not very active on Twitter, but I will hit up Feigen and see if he takes and interest.

4. jekjek

jekjek Member

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

has anyone else seem the houston press article on the ASTROS blocking the deal with Direct to begin with?

If so screw that triple aaa club and it's new owners. I didn't realize that the Astros controlled 48 percent of the channel.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Hey welcome to a week ago. The article in question was debunked.

Also, "triple aaa" means that there would be 9 a's.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

DeBunked my ass.....i bet the Rockets game are lost until the 2nd game of the MLB season (Astros play on ESPN the first game). Astros will cave so not to lose the revenue the Rockets are. Jim Crane is a greedy b****. I bet he sells the Astros within 8-10 years.

8. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Why debunked? You're telling me the people from CSN and both teams who are feeding Barron his information, won't admit to it? Hmm, I wonder why they wouldn't do that

9. BeardlyBeardman

This whole thing has been like a cruel joke lol.

They tell me to sign a form to let my provider know I want CSN. I do it. Provider doesn't pick it up.

They say well just switch to Comcast and you'll get all your favorite teams that you used to get all will be well. Comcast doesn't offer service in my area. I literally can't give my money to anyone that will allow me to watch the Rockets on my TV.

So I think hey no problem the NBA will still take my money. I'll just get league pass. No, sorry they had that blacked out too.

Then Comcast sends me the e-mail most of you got letting me know that they are willing to extend an olive branch and would like to offer me free tickets. Log in to the system the morning after they sent the email and all tickets have been given out, effectively jamming the olive branch in my crawl.

Then, by the beard of Zeus I'm actually able to watch 2 games because they're national games and they can't black them out (but they would if they could). During the commercials Comcast mocks me with commercials about how I'm "that guy" who doesn't have Comcast. Why would you show that commercial in areas that don't have Comcast service??

I can think of only 2 positives that have come out of this continued antagonization: I resisted the initial urge to run out and buy a Harden jersey (and that's probably a good decision because really those things are awful looking), and I learned that catching the game on my laptop is really pretty convenient and I don't believe I'll be willing to pay extra for a "sports package" or even a different provider's package now (where as before the season I would have cut a check without thinking about it). I kinda like being able to watch the game on my laptop in my easy chair while my daughter watches her shows on the big screen and plays in the floor.

I think I've come full circle and now I really don't care if they ever resolve it.

2 people like this.
  10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i have a feeling comcast houston is more at fault than the major providers like directv, dish network and at&t....because these channels already cover and provide other regions' comcast sport channel, except Houston's.... i think comcast houston is asking for an arm and a leg from these providers and not willing to negotiate or go down much.

11. Classic

Classic Member

A-muthafukin-men

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The "I want CSN" commercials continue to do little more than rub in my face the fact that they made a deal so I can't watch their product. I'm not calling/petitioning/switching, so quit wasting money on commercials that only serve to annoy me further.

13. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

They need to give up the "I want my CSN Houston" propaganda campaign. Its been over 4 months and they are no closer to a deal. Once Comcrap comes off that nearly $4 per subscriber asking price, then I think a deal will get done. Until then, the Rockets and the rebuilding Astros will continue to be blacked out.

14. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

As of 2-6-2013 @ 2:41 central time only 513 supporters? That is just downright depressing. :(

15. studogg

my thoughts exactly.

Now I know why clutch didn't start anything earlier. There are just too few of us that actually care.

16. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Please talk to your family members, friends, and people you know about signing this petition online. It will get more signatures quickly than before, hopefully.

Thank you.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I signed when it first came out.

Can I sign for my wife even though she could care less about having the Rox on TV?

Could add my kid's sig too, if need be.

18. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

It's all 100% out of our hands. Directv and other providers will black out Viacom stations for like 5 days or whatever but they have to cave.

The fact is its local Houston sports and there are too few of us who can make a difference. This might be resolved after the Lastros inaugural AL season where they will be lucky to win 40 games.

I'm not holding my breath on this anymore. But i'm still very very pissed off.

On a good note i've now learned how to not watch Rocket games and realized how many things i can accomplish in that time frame. Like building an Ice Chest. Kudos, Leslie Alexander.

19. studogg

haha - I added my kids already. They want to watch the games too!

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lol, my kid is only 2 but he already loves Rockets, and knows all about rooting for the Texans.

Once we get our team back on he'll be doing the same for this one.

I'm adding him now!