1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't understand the Jalen Green Hype

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengoat28, Oct 25, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

Sengun only fans arguing with Sengun only fans. This is great!

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Tricky one because the poster makes as many mistakes in German as in English...inconclusive lol.

Bist Du Deutsch-Türke?

3. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

Den vogel kenn ich aber höre nicht seine musik. Ist nicht so meins genauso wie der vfl bochum. Höre ehr pop rnb und etwas hip hop

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

OK the poster is German...this isn't done via Google Translate.

I agree with you on Sengun - he has the potential to become an allstar - disagree on Green. I think he will be a superstar scorer. "Only" three and dunks...if you are really great at both, that's superstar potential right there.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Green has as much potential as any young player in the league, his growth with his handles, shot mechanics and his physical maturation is super encouraging.
    He’s young, let the kids grow and stop trying to pigeon hole all of them into something. Let them develop their games beginning with their strengths while simultaneously working on their deficiencies.

6. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

Bin afghaner aber lebe in bochum seit dem 6 lebensjahr. Wieso sollte ich lügen das ich aus Deutschland bin bzw hier lebe. Ja mein englisch ist jetzt nicht super aber die haben es hoffentlich verstanden bist du auch aus Bochum oder woher?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm from Bonn originally.

By the way, I do like your user name!

Apologies to everyone else for switching to German temporarily - just wanted to check if the poster is real. He is.

8. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

I didnt say green have no room to improve he is a solid dunker and 3 shooter thats all. He is not a franchise player. Franchise player are: lebron, giannis, luka doncic guys like them who makes wjole team better and not only pure scorer. Find good scorer like green is not hard. Bradly beal for example but he is also not a franchise player ssme for PG but PG much much better defense player then green.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek:

10. Ancient Moabite

Nobody had Giannis as sure fire franchise player when first drafted rookie year and Bron took two/three yrs to reach postseason but he was franchise player day 1, hell Bron was one of the faces of the league day one

A young player with scoring champ potential and marketing (cash cow) power can be viewed as franchise caliber player, and improving on weaknesses makes it even more evident

Kobe for example using your way of thinking, wasn't A franchise player because he avg like 7ppg rookie year and less in his second season than rookie J Green did, Green is more Kobe than Beal but time will tell

We all know in Stone n Tilman mind that Green n Jabari are the cornerstone drafted baby lottery picks and favored over all others for that reason, they are the franchise players for Rockets right now and until at least rookie deals expire

#70 Ancient Moabite, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would you say Ja Morant is a franchise player? I think Jalen Green can be on his level. I would also say Kobe and MJ were primarily scorers. They weren't walking triple doubles like Doncic or Harden.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just so you gain some perspective.

If Jalen Green averages 25 this season:
    These are the only players in NBA history to do that:

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Luka Doncic
    Zoin Williamson.

There becomes a point where scoring becomes transcendent. It took years for Beal to be good as current Jalen Green. Green being this developed now as a scorer means he probably will also improve as a playmaker just from the mere fact that he's going to generate a lot of gravity

O-dawg, Bo6, Ancient Moabite and 4 others like this.
  13. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

No i dont think morant is a franchise player. People think only if a player score around 20 to 30 points he is a franchise player not in my opinion. Franchise player is someone who make the difference with his ability to make the team and everybody around him better. Wit points, assist or points leadership. Franchise player are generational player not pure scorer u find every draft 2 or 3 with all star ceilling maybe but no more

14. fchowd0311

Is KD a franchise player?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But Kobe and MJ were primarily scorers, no?

16. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

April fool's thread already? Where's Burt Steele?

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Anyways there has been this new age hipster fad to completely dismiss scoring talent as something that helps teams win. Yes if you can score at a elite level you are helping your team. Many open looks are generated around guys like Booker or Beal because they draw gravity.

Anyways I think Green has a higher ceiling than either

DreamR and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

SOF are going to lose it when we get wemby.

19. fchowd0311

This guy just dismissed Morant as a franchise player.

He has to be trolling.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

ahhhh.... the old tired trope of a foreign person on a new account stirring up some turmoil... sigh...

i wonder which wuss set up the burner account... smdh...