1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't argue with results!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember a time when Li'l T judged the success of a presidency based on the performance of the stock market. He must be taking a shellacking in the market to be so bitter. Personally, I'm up in the 40%-50% range since the dark days of of Bush the Younger came to an end. woooooohooooooo!111111!!

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, that line of thinking is a bit suspect considering that if you applied that to the civil rights movement...

It's important. It's not about homosexuals or the military. It's about our sense of fairness and equality as outlined in this little document call the Bill of Rights.

That's important stuff.

Now, in terms of fixing this nation and avoiding the massive economic asteroid we're hurtling towards? Yeah, does nothing.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

No, the class warfare waged by the elite against the rest of us which began under Reagan and slowed just a bit under moderates Clinton and Obama must be fought, reversed and one by the majority. This involves beating the elite and discreditting trickle down as practiced by conservatives and their kissing coursins the followers of the great economist, gynecologist Ron Paul.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed.

[​IMG]

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

What right would you be referring to?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It's not class warfare. It's simply the powerful manipulating the system to increase power.

That's the nature of all natiions - democratic, communist, monarchy. Whatever. The inevitable result of any system is power is going to be congealed into the fat cats. Whether is be China, the U.S., or France.

The result is inevitably the same. yesterdays nobles are replaces by today's shareholders.

But that's not class warfare. They aren't against the middle class, they simply are for themselves.

7. basso

Supporting Member

true- validating W's economic policy, and refudiating Clinton's military policy.

win-win for the country.

8. basso

Supporting Member

i'd argue that's because of the midterms. without the republican gains, the democrats would never have push through DADT, or some of the other languishing legislation, now.

just underscores what nerveless political p*****s democrats (all of congress, actually) are.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

the right to screw whomever you want and not have to hide the fact from others without being penalized?

10. basso

Supporting Member

fixed.

11. surrender

surrender Member

I love loaded terms like "rammed down the public's throat"

The people elected liberal politicians in 2008, and they passed liberal policies! That's how elections work. If you're on the losing side, it's supposed to taste like a **** taco

12. Classic

Classic Member

Run away insurance costs=run away health care costs.

What are the symptoms of run away health costs? Keeping an aging population alive beyond what nature would determine otherwise and run away cancer rates, heart disease, obesity, ADHD, ect.

What is being done to help prevent the onslaught of disease that is bogging our system down? Until congress decides to do something in regards to prevention health care will just continue to be a black hole.

This health care reform was just another accomplishment to funnel even more money long term into the huge insurance corporations and drug corps on the backs of the middle class tax payer. Just like we've done with the military industrial with our foreign policy. Just like we've done with Wallstreet with TARP/bailouts ect.

Color me unimpressed with the 'accomplishments' of this administration.

13. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Ah yes, I love that quote:

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-april-7-2009/baracknophobia---obey'>Baracknophobia - Obey<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:223862' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

See 4:25. :grin:

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Republicans lost in '06 because they were killing 100 GIs a month in Iraq at $125 million a head.

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Anyone with the ability to analyze the situation knows that our problem with regards to deficits is threefold...

1. We have cut taxes too many times
    2. There is too much wasteful and unnecessary government spending
    3. The Great Recession has reduced the tax rolls

Anyone who claims that the deficit will be eliminated purely through spending cuts is living in a Randian fantasy world that bears no resemblance to reality.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

A rose by any other name is still a rose. Same thing.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I pulled a tendon in my foot. It wasn't healing so a doctor performed an MRI. I checked with my insurance company first and they were cool with that. The MRI was done - 45 min, in the clinic as the doctor had the machine. THe bill was 2 grand. The insurance company said it should only cost $650 and that's what they will paid.

Now the doctor is coming after me for $1350. So much for my zero deductible and 100% coverage policy!

It's not heart disease, it's not anything like that. It's just runaway costs because that's become the acceptable norm.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

WWJD?

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol @ whoever repped me with this "i can't wait until you die and then get reborn as a poor black person."

And to the fact that you were too chickenschit to leave your name. My guess would be either glynch or Gladiatorowdy

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I have not and will never rep you.