1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't argue with results!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Dec 22, 2010.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

We didn't, we compromised

And because we compromised, we got a DADT repealed, START ratified, the Zadorga Bill passed.

not bad

2. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Really. DADT and START gives you the vapors. OK.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

do you also laugh like a maniac after finishing a sentence while talking in person?

1 person likes this.
  4. mc mark

Don't forget the Food Safety bill and Net Neutrality. So rich people got to keep a little more money

And it looks like the senate is about to confirm a few judges for the cherry on top!

One might say Obama spanked republican booty this Lame Duck.

#84 mc mark, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

He's like a cross between Dr. Evil and Kevin Federline, brah.

6. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Yeah, there was going to be rioting in the streets if the FCC did not do Net Neutrality. Glad that was averted.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be so bitter. I don't want my taxes paying for your health bills as a result of the poor health you suffer as a result.

Judging by this post the only time you feel legislation should be enacted is if it will be a riot otherwise.

That's an interesting but impractical stance.

8. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Net neutrality is just a scam, but yeah, government should generally keep it nose out of most things.

9. mc mark

"So I think it's fair to say that this has been the most productive post-election period that we've had in decades, and it comes on the heels of the most productive two years that we've had in generations."

-- President Obama

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

the man is delusional.

I guess he slept through his mid-term referendum

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you supported george w. bush.

12. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

The perils of smoking that Hopium.

13. bigtexxx

better than Obama

14. mc mark

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I am quite sure that a rather large majority of people who fit in this class (making $250 + and voted for Obama) REALLY regret that decision. With that being said, McCain would have been a terrible President too. Probably not as bad as what we got now but he would have been bad. I had to hold my nose when I voted for him and more or less voted against Obama.

16. bigtexxx

Let me hit you with some knowledge, brah. This knowledge dates back to ancient mathematicians, such as Archimedes himself. I give to you his master theorem, which has stood the test of time:

ACTIVITY DOES NOT EQUAL PROGRESS, BRAH. ESPECIALLY NOT THE "PROGRESS" PUSHED THROUGH BY OBAMA

17. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Most of these people apparently do not realize this. Besides, our problem is that the government spends too much, not too low tax revenue.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

McMark, I think you are a bit a head of yourself. Obama gave away probably trillions to billionaires. He gave away net neutrality on wireless which is the future of the net. Unemployment and food safety don't balance these out My understanding is that under normal times the Start Treaty would have been reapproved as seen in the incredulity of most past GOP defense secretaries that the nutters were objecting.

DADT was new.

I would say anyone progressive or liberal should not let the compromiser in chief spin this as some great victory just because he managed to save a little face after his huge defeats. Of course Obama might not view leaving his Wall Street buds, Bush's old military industrial guys and the rest of the elite in tact and going strong as a defeat.

Hopefully the rumor is false that Obama will follow the lead of his very stacked anti-Social Security/Medicare deficit commision with an announcement that he will cut back on these two crown historical victories for progressives and the vast majority of Americans-- victories that dwarf by an order of magnitudes the scraps Obama salvaged from the GOP this week.

#98 glynch, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I judge this congress to be a failure. As with every congress the past decade.

We still have no means to address run-away insurance costs - the primary need for reform.

We still have not address the problem America faces in terms of declining standard of living of the middle class and the fact that joblessness may not improve for the very fact that free trade makes the U.S. worker uncompetitive.

We still have not addressed a nation that is obese and less and less educated as we have slipped from number 1 to number 12.

We still have no clue how to reduce the deficit and ensure entiltement programs remain solvent.

None of these critical areas have even begun to be discussed. Tax cuts are not the solution. Tax increases aren't going to work. Tax reform is badly needed.

START, DADT, stimulous - all of these things are important but don't address the really fundamental issues that are increasingly haunting this nation.

And I think so long as dems and reps hate each other so much it will never get solved.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I have never understood why people care so much about repealing DADT. It's not important. I bet if Americans were asked to list what issues they wanted congress to address, homosexuals being able to speak freely about their sexuality while serving in the military would rank below 1000.