1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canon Lens Repair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeyyungrocks, Dec 27, 2011.

1. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

My canon lens's motor sounds like it is stuck. I am out of warrant for my lens its been over a year now. And I don't want to send it back in to Canon I heard they charge you sometimes over the cost of the lens itself to fix. This lens is the 1.4 50 mm this is the second problem I have had with it. Last time it wouldn't mount onto my camera. Do you guys know any places in town that might fix it for cheaper?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No sound when trying to focus is a bad sign. It will likely be better to just use it as a MF from now on. The F1.4 has crap autofocus anyways, it isn't Ring USM. That is why I went with the 85mm F1.8. I would just get the 50mm F1.8 if I was you. Autofocus is even worse, but with such a low price it is disposable.