1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Cancer Fundraiser (T-Shirt and/or Poster)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by axaznshortyxa, Apr 21, 2013.

1. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

[​IMG]

I am taking requests for t-shirts and posters with this quote on it. I am only ordering an exact number and if you are interested in buying one, please post your shirt size or if you want a poster below.
    The t-shirts will most likely be white with black text or heather grey and black text.
    The posters are 18" x 24" and will be white with black text.
    ALL proceeds that are raised fully goes to funding Joseph Kim's treatment.
    The price is currently unknown, as we haven't received a quote for the t-shirts yet but we approximate it to be:
    T-shirt: $15
    Posters: $8
    Both: $20
    I am not sure if these prices are set but I guarantee it will be around that range. I will accept PayPal and shipping will be $5. If you live in Austin, I can hand deliver the item(s) to you. If you live in Houston, I will be there interning so I can also hand deliver these to you.
    We plan on having these ready by mid-May, so I will be taking requests for the t-shirts and posters for a week until 4/28.

TL;DR
    Background of the design:
    My friend, Joseph Kim, was diagnosed with stomach cancer two years ago and recently relapsed earlier this semester. Since he was a big asset to our church here at UT, we have raised BBQ fundraisers and silent auctions in order to raise money to fund for his chemotherapy. I don't know much about chemotherapy, but he informed me that it was one of the most toxic levels of chemotherapy. It is unlikely that he survives the chemotherapy but he has been SO optimistic of his chances. We held a "Coffee Talk" event at our church a couple of weeks ago and one of the items in the silent auction was a poster that said "Be Kind for Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle." When I saw that, I knew that this shirt was completely relevant to Joseph and all of our struggles. The story of the quote and posters-- my friend was the one who brought the poster to the silent auction and didn't realize what a big hit it would be, as all of the posters went for a hefty price. He works at GSD&M and he informed one of his co-workers about Joseph and his struggles and his co-worker offered to help in any way. His co-worker knew a friend who is trying to start an apparel business and allowed us to use his design to fund raise for Joseph's treatment. He was so touched about what we were doing for Joseph and he has decided to hand deliver his designed t-shirt and poster to Joseph personally in Chicago. This is why I'm here today to find out if anyone wants a shirt or poster to help us fund for Joseph's struggle.

2 people like this.
  2. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

3. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

Sorry for the triple post (I promise it'll be my last) but due to extremely high demand from the UT student population, we only have ~30-40 shirts left. However, we do have a high number of posters left. If anyone is interested at all, please let me know!

If you are wondering about the legitimacy of this fundraiser, I'd be more than willing to speak with you or you can speak with the pastor at our church as well. I really don't know how else to prove this but I can show you a receipt of the purchased shirts, all of the profits gained from the sales, and the check we write out to Joseph to pay for his treatment. If the numbers do not match, I'll personally refund your money out of my own pocket. Sorry for being such a tryhard, just trying to relieve the burden off him and his family. Thanks!