1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Culture: A Vindictive Teen Destroy a Classmate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, Jan 5, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You honestly believe someone should be kicked out of college for one slip up of a word at 15 with no pattern of history in terms of racial sentiments?

Dude **** off. You are vile trash for believing this. Like I said before, her **** up at 15 deserves a stern lecture, not having her life turn upside down.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

here are some good articles on the subject.

https://variety.com/2018/music/opinion/kendrick-lamar-rappers-should-stop-using-n-word-1202818977/

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/opin...cle_9a252472-401b-11e8-a1fc-3b56b728ab98.html

If the word is so offensive to the black community, then why does the black community still use it? Frowning on white people who enjoy listening and singing along to songs with the N-word insinuates that it is only OK for black people to say “n-----,” furthering the hypocrisy surrounding the issue.

It is vital that everyone, regardless of race, is respectful of history. Black people have endured incredible pain and suffering; however, I argue that if the black community really wants to see the change in others, then the black community needs to make a change too. Currently, a wedge is being driven between groups of people due to the ambiguity of semantics.

https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth...s_so_hard_to_talk_about_the_n_word/transcript

Invisible Fan and Astrodome like this.
  3. fchowd0311

More stupid comments.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What stupid game did she play?

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't get social media mob where you think you absolutely know someone after a 2-sec clip.

There is nothing wrong with the NYT article - it simply explains the situation.

The University of Tennessee and its sport division are coward, understandably so given the environment.

Outrage culture isn't a left or right thing - it's a human thing. Slow the freak down and try to understand before jumping to conclusion.

Hopefully this is isolated. If not, we will need law to protect school kids from mob attack for making past statement - take the pressure away from school to act on "safety" or "reputation" or being responsive to an unyielding mob.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

people in this thread just bringing up some weird sh*t

1st it was she was singing song lyrics? Lmao, no she wasn’t. That defense was pathetic.

some black people will say n***a amongst each other, and may even co-sign close friends of different races using that word among them as a term of endearment as well

but there is no black person saying n***er or allowing anyone to say it around them, and it’s for a reason...it is not used in songs either

she thought it was cute to say the word and post it online, but it’s not

even if she’s not racist, everyone knows the power behind the n-word with a hard er and knows to never use it...when a racist says the n-word to a black person to denigrate them, they always say n***er and not n***a. Why is that?

edwardc likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

So you think a 15 year old with no pattern of racial history saying that term once deservers her entire academic career going down the drain? Really?

You actually believe this draconian bullshit? How does this solve racial division? If anything this just makes people dig their heels in the sand and create a stronger dividing line in the sand.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....we are not talking about a crime. However, Black 15 years olds are tried for felony chargers all over this country. Many white people say "they should know right from wrong...and understand the ramifications of their actions" You should not use that as an example. False equivalency.

Just because a precious little white girl paid for a dumb decision doesn't change anything. When Black 15 years are given the same consideration, I will then change my mind.

edwardc and Reeko like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

How about u fck off. U tried to say she was just singing song lyrics at 1st. Still going around repeating that bullsh*t or nah?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

No, not really. Like most exurban areas, it's largely middle class with only a small handful of homes over a million (land obviously being a lot cheaper out there so much less inventory and far more acreage). The actual rich areas here are places like Great Falls, Bethesda/Chevy Chase, Potomac, and McLean where you can't even get into the neighborhood for under a million with the 'nice' ones easily surpassing two million.

I live within 45 minutes of Leesburg and I'm currently house hunting, so trust me on this one.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

if anything, it makes people realize that what they post has consequences and to watch what they say or post online

u can repeat your trash takes all u want, it doesn’t make them right...tell me more about how she was just singing song lyrics

12. fchowd0311

You honestly believe someone should be kicked out of college for one slip up of a word at 15 with no pattern of history in terms of racial sentiments?

If so you are a vile piece of trash with a Puritan stick up your *******.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Was this a private chat between her and some friends including the reporter of the n-word incident?

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I am from that area. I have family in Leesburg. I trust me on this one.

15. fchowd0311

So if your goal is to be word police rather than you know....improve racial divisions, your sentiment makes perfect sense.

But these type of draconian methods don't change hearts. They deepen convictions.

16. fchowd0311

She was 15.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The game of social media.

18. fchowd0311

Man this zero sum mentality is pretty disgusting in my opinion. Because black children are often oppressed by the judicial system(which they are), a white girl who said the N word not maliciously towards anyone once at 15 and has zero other history of racial sentiments deserves to have her academic career go down the shiter.

And Im giving you an example of how our court system treats minors seperately to show you the principle behind treating kids differently than adults when it comes to consequences for actions.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Not what I asked.

20. fchowd0311

I know. I'm still reminding you that she was 15.