1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canadian Prime Minister personally welcomes Syrian refugees at the airport

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

as an added note on this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a personal lovenote to your irrational beliefs from me, you should know that Bitcoin as a set of specifications is often implemented in Java, a progamming language designed at Sun Microsystems, whose CEO and founder was Vinod Khosla--a first-generation immigrant from India ;)

You owe so much to migrants (including your utopian fantasy of free market purity), you wouldn't know it if it hit you in the face.

#41 Northside Storm, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

why are you lumping all immigrants in with Muslims?

3. Northside Storm

Why are you separating out Muslims from your original statement?

4. Commodore

I was referring to Muslim migration

Even confined to Muslims, there is a tradeoff to such restrictions. You can point to all the great things they bring and do, it's simply not worth the risk. Europe is now permanently infested, and will be plagued by Islamic terror in perpetuity.

Dearborn will be the test case for whether assimilation is possible. I'm skeptical.

#44 Commodore, Dec 12, 2015
  5. Northside Storm

Did you get so caught up in nativist jingo you forgot that migration refers to all migrants?

:confused:

or is it like a keyword now, only ban "the muslim ones". "You know the ones I'm talking about."

Point still stands: bears have killed 8x the amount of people as terrorists of ALL STRIPES in Canada despite (or really because of) tens of thousands of Muslim immigrants and cities that stand at the peak of diversity. Bring your irrational fears elsewhere.

And, now that I know your particular nativist bias, every time you embed one of your Youtube videos you can thank Jawed Karim, the Muslim engineer who co-founded Youtube and immigrated to the United States with his family. ;)

He has done more for America than you ever will.

#45 Northside Storm, Dec 12, 2015
  6. Commodore

no that was your presumption, thinking the worst of people

a belief in cultural relativism means leftists can't make such distinctions

7. Northside Storm

dude, you've officially lost your sense of irony and coherence.

I get it though, the pantheon of capitalist heroes you worship include many Muslim migrants. Must be disconcerting.

#47 Northside Storm, Dec 12, 2015
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

LMAO.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder what Commodore's reaction would be to the fact that the average Muslim citizen is more educated, more affluent and has a lower tendency to commit a felony than the average White Christian citizen.

Read up Commodore.
    http://www.allied-media.com/AM/

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not very informed on this matter. It's confusing to me though that so many people feel it's a no Brainer to bring these people here when the same people aren't crying bloody murder over our own homeless. How do we have housing for them and not ones who are already homeless here.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm all in favor of doing more for our homeless here.

But there are some differences. Most of the immigrants from Syria, are educated middle class folks who have skill sets that should enable them to get jobs and not be homeless.

Many of the homeless in the U.S. have mental health, and addiction issues which are in need of being addressed before they could ever hope to hold down a steady job which would enable them to stop being homeless.

Also the homeless here are a continual problem that requires a more multi-faceted approach to solving.

The immigrants from Syria are a pressing emergency that can be more fully supported by allowing those that have been vetted into the United States

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that it would be a random tweet from a conservative, or a youtube of Ted Cruz with no comment of his own.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Thoughts and prayers with OP tonight. . . . If you see some black-haired people, run! If you get killed by terrorists, please freakin post immediately with ur location and we will call Canadian 911 ASAP.

14. Commodore

we should screen to allow only average Muslims to immigrate

15. Northside Storm

I'm going to a dinner party with a nice bottle of Napa Valley cab, will report if I get terrorist attack'd to the forum or if there are turbaned people around.

16. Northside Storm

http://www.voanews.com/content/un-many-syrian-refugees-educated-seeking-better-lives/3093871.html

The U.N. found that the majority of [Syrian refugees] questioned are well educated. Eighty-six percent of the refugees had secondary or university educations.

This is compared to the average American completion of just secondary education (86%).

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Secondary_education.aspx

[​IMG]

#56 Northside Storm, Dec 12, 2015
  17. Commodore

the leader of ISIS has a doctorate

18. Northside Storm

Steve Jobs dropped out of university.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In Islamic Studies, not mechanical engineering.

20. Commodore

true, that would be Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

no one is saying some or perhaps most Muslim immigrants are bad, problem is those at the margins are exceptionally so