1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you fell the PAIN? The Unofficial "Show support for T-Mac" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivanbbss, May 6, 2007.

1. ivanbbss

ivanbbss Member

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

priority #1 for the offseason should be to build tmac's confidence back and convince him NONE of this was his fault, that he did everything possible, and that his teammates just let him down. blame the entire team if you have to, bc tmac is the only player that can lead the rockets to victory. you can't build around yao ming. he's not a tim duncan or a shaq. he's too easy to exploit on defense and too easy to shut down on offense.

3. Fuse

Fuse Member

Are you kidding me?

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

no im not. unless there's a better player out there you want to trade for, you HAVE to build around tmac. what the hell do you do with a 7'6 center who is to slow to block shots, has crappy hands and can't get rebounds unless they fall into his lap, and shoots fadeaways like he's dirk nowitzki? yao is a great guy and a solid player, but he is not and cannot be the franchise player. he's a great 2nd option, but if he is going to be such a defensive liability like he was this ENTIRE series, how are you even going to justify playing him?

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

You don't build around one or the other. You build on both.

I really respect Tracy and Yao. I was at the game and they played their hearts out. They deserve better. I believe in both of them and don't think either of them are to blame. I think the burden of having to do everything on offense hurt McGrady. What do we have Rafer for? I think Yao's knee injury set him back, he just didn't have the same quickness and didn't have enough time to bring back the pre-injury Yao. They did their best and due to the talent on the team, had no room for error. And that is just not right.

It's up to management to get a point guard that creates easier shots for both of them. They both work too hard for their offense and others. And a power forward who isn't a liability on offense, taller than 6'6, and is athletic.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tmac got us back in the game, but he folded like a cheap tent late....up by 5 with the ball and the Jazz in the penalty and he shoots a dumb 3 pointer...CLANK !!!

Then he fails to guard Kirlenko at all and he hits the crucial tying 3 pointer.....

Tmac played good but he didn't finish.

DD

7. Rocket4Life662

What a typical god damn fake bandwagon ass typical Rocket's fan comment. Tmac took a chance to deliver a FATAL knockout blow. Only a few players in the league can, and will attempt this kill, and Tmac is by far one of the best at delivering it. So he missed, leave the guy alone. He carried us all season long on his bad back and took us to a Game 7 against a very young, and very, very talented, well coached Utah team. If he hits that shot, you're riding his nuts all the way to the second round untill he does something that pisses you off again. Let's stay positive, and hopefully we can find one more player for this Rockets team, Chucky Atkins perhaps?

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

OK, I'll play.

"I support you T-Mac."

There. Can I have just one of his $millions$ now, please? I need new kitchen countertops and cabinets in my modest, 3 bedroom house.

:D

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't T-Mac who allowed the Jazz to get all those offensive rebounds near the end, which is what sealed the deal. That was pathetic.

I have been a mild supporter of JVG, but he screwed up tonight. In the second quarter when our small line up brought us back to within 4 he should have kept going with what was working. Instead he put Yao back in. It was a bad move on his part.

Those are the two biggest reasons we lost. T-Mac played one hell of a game for the Rockets, and it wasn't his heart that was missing.

10. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

I don't know if this could have been seen on TV or not, but when Yao went down with his knee, he tried to get up and keep going. It was a slow, painful rise to two feet only to fall over again.

I'm not happy with the results, but I know our entire team played their hearts out. The bottom line is that as hard as they tried, they Jazz wanted it just as bad, and had the athleticism to oust us.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What a typical "no understanding" the game of basketball post.

Utah was reeling...they were IN THE PENALTY........you don't pick that time to go passive, you ATTACK ATTACK......FRICKEN ATTACK !!!!

Yes, if Tmac made that shot I would be ecstatic, but I would still call it a dumb shot.....

UP 5.....NO need for that shot....and after he missed, how about guarding Kirlenko and not leaving him wide open for the tying 3.

Tmac is not alone in the blame, but he is not blameless either.

DD

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hope you remember that we got the offensive rebound on that missed 3. Rafer's only turnover of the game happened after that play, which was HUGE

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

or was that turnover after the offensive rebound after a missed FT? cant remember

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again those are fine and dandy to nitpick.

but we lost not only one rebound in that last sequence, but THREE, all to boozer, yao's guy.

three man. three. that cost us what a minute of play?

it's fine to nitpick everything else. but we were down 2 and had a chance to tie if we got that rebound, there would be 40 seconds left. foul and they'll prollie miss one.

that sequence just hurt us so bad. not losing one, but THREE TIMES to boozer on the boards.

u can nitpick, but that sequence was glaring