1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we stop freezing out Jalen Green?!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 20, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ stunk tonight, but was he the cause of Green's 7 turnovers, and the worst plus/minus on the team?

DD

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this right here.. why is this dude in the corner??

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't let DD gaslight you in here..

KPJ is his favorite is now the most trashiest of players I have seen in a long while.

what a curse.

BigShasta, ThatboyPhuong and hakeem94 like this.
  4. DaDakota

He is not my favorite, I don't have a favorite player on the team....

But I don't blame other players when anyone has a bad game.......and KPJ was awful tonight.....awful.....Green did some things well, but he was pretty bad too, on his own.

DD

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Rockets went with a notoriously bad offensive lineup of Theis and Wood in an effort to stop Embiid (to little effect), the same lineup that we know Green historically struggled with due to the lack of spacing. Rockets had atrocious offense tonight, and their defense was no better despite the double bigs.

A lot of his turnovers were his own issues (getting it stolen, double dribbling), but frankly he was the only guy making shots tonight despite a lineup that he never worked well with.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

KPJ was your favorite, you ride for him to un usual degree..

also, RIP Tate and Sengun

Sengun had a bright future..

SamFisher, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  7. DaDakota

Maybe we should just let Green go 1 on 5 as he seems to struggle playing with a lot of players. I mean since all his teamates are dragging him down and all...

I mean the team won 7 in a row once GREEN went out......he was the only one out when the winning streak started, and IIRC was not in any of the games they won.

My point in all of this is the blaming of others when your favorite player is struggling is weak - maybe....just maybe, he has work to do on his own game so he can work with other players better. and make others better when he plays.

It is not someone else's fault when Green struggles, it is his own.

DD

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the offensive genius put him there?

9. a time to chill

I want Green to succeed too. I had hopes of him winning ROTY. But let's be honest. He has been very inconsistent thus far in the season. It's not because of Theis and Wood being in the same lineup. Theis didn't play last night and Green still had a bad game. We need to stop placing the blame on other players and give an honest critique of Jalen Green. The only other person you could blame besides Green is Stephen Silas. I don't know why he hasn't designed the offense to feature Green as an offensive focal point.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Can you imagine any rookie playing along side kpj and wood lol what a mess.
    I'm jealous of other teams that know how to utilize their rookies.

zeeshan2 and DreamShook like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

so you agree that Silas not only played the worst lineups for Green, he has also nerfed him in the offense.. and you are wondering why Green isn't more consistent? Green doesn't even get consistent touches or minutes.

this is a weird post, man.

kpdark, Dobbizzle, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Jalen Green has a drastically different split between a two big lineup, versus a one big lineup. This isn't some secret, this is largely known.

7 game winning streak? With 4 of those wins against bottom feeder team when the Rockets played primarily veterans, 1 of them against a completely depleted Nets team with James Harden, and the only win worth mentioning (against Chicago) was a game that Green played in as well?

No one is saying Jalen Green shouldn't work on his game, they're asking for more focal point on him on offense instead. There are two hot heads on this team (KPJ and Wood) with known attitude issues that will literally quit on this team if things don't go their way, it isn't up to the 19 year old to ask them to reign them in.

13. DaDakota

Just let Green get better, he will get there....he has a lot of work to do and a good work ethic.

DD

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Fair enough.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

I love jalen, but he has no bag yet. Neither does he have the strength to be the primary playmaker. Perhaps next year, but you can tell the difference with alpy who came in ready tools and physicality-wise.

I know im not the only one here who doesnt want jalen to be a career chucker or volume scorer. I want him effecient who knows when to hunt for his shots.

DaDakota likes this.
  16. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

It's better to work on stuff during the games. But he doesn't get enough reps or opportunity during the games.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol you're defending the guy who left at halftime last Monday and then intentionally got himself thrown out the next Monday.

In the interim - he shot 12-40 with 13 turnovers.

Shut the **** up about Porter, you were wrong, as usual.

ThatboyPhuong and JayGoogle like this.
  18. a time to chill

Green is getting consistent minutes. ~30 min per game. My criticism of Silas is that there seems to be no discernible offensive scheme. Everyone has the green light to shoot rather than trying to get the best shooters into scoring opportunities. I don't recall how many shots Theis took to start the 1st quarter, but it was a high number. He shouldn't be doing that and stuff like that keeps happening, a sign of poor coaching. Silas should be getting into someone's ass for that...pause. The dude's too nice. Despite poor coaching, Green can still be make an impact on offense. He can move off ball to get open more, be more vocal and demand the ball, attack the basket to get to the foul line more, etc. He has to asset himself as the face of the franchise. Treat this like the G league to make the highlight reel. We've seen Green go off, but he needs to be more consistent.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Since returning Green has been pretty damn efficient shooting the ball.

I mean we can talk about his defense all we want but his issue isn't scoring. If he had more usage I'm pretty confident he'd score more.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  20. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Agree agree. But i also appreciate being eased in the way he is treated like a valuable vet. Truth be told, his usage has more to do with the playcalling from the sidelines and pg play. I dont blame his teammates at all coz nobody is taking away shots from him, especially from the vets.

JayGoogle likes this.