1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we/should we boycott Nba/warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mockster, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

been doing that for years. cut off my subscription to nbatv. used to spend lots of $$ on merchs during the yao/mergady era. glad i haven't spent a dime since and spent my money on liverpool instead. i won't even purchase fake jerseys.

ghettocheeze and Yung-T like this.
  2. Minerrocket77

Minerrocket77 Member

lol I don't want parity---/ that's boring!! Are you one of those (if you play sports) that when a really good player comes you take your ball and go home??? Sorry if I am not like that... I always want to play the best to beat the best

3. Minerrocket77

Minerrocket77 Member

I am actually not a new member been following the board for years (post only once in awhile had to make a new name forgot my password and don't have access to my old email from like 1997)

Didn't Houston take golden state to 7? That's competition !

4. Minerrocket77

Minerrocket77 Member

Don't want fair I want dynasties and titans to take down!!! Stop whining about things being fair.... the warriors did all this under the rules stop complaining because Houston hasn't.... you know you would be the first person in line waving awesome our owner and general manager we're if Houston had golden states lineup and you wouldn't have this stupid boycott crap

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

I haven't paid for cable in 2-3 years now.
    Last season I started chromecasting the nba streams posted on reddit. Saw some of the rockets games that way.

I didn't watch a single min of the nba finals. So glad I didn't it. I won't watch any of the next season. Waste of time and effort.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

League has to step in, too many shitty teams.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Boycott it's the only way they change ....I wanna watch my rockets ...but not if it helps the NBA......I'm all for boycotting the warriors. ...and sick of this media favoring lakers.

ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  8. Senator

Senator Member

I agree, but it's not up to thinking adults.

The kids want cheap entertainment and media storylines... how can a parent say no when the kid has to deal with peer pressure and need to be into urban things (not caring about sport, just getting that paper cuz the white man stuck it to us) to be cool to underachieving peers?

9. Senator

Senator Member

It's about the lack of competition due to Durant and the overall mentality it encourages from a league of people from impoverished backgrounds with no father figures - not actual competition. Not respecting the game that makes you hundreds of mil. There is a reason basketball will always be a distant third to baseball and football despite all the hype and marketing.

I don't see the Cousins signing as a big deal, but it's undeniable that as a product the nba really is the reality tv of pro sports.

bballjunkie likes this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Giannis, Anthony Davis, Kawhi will leave soon, Rockets need to be aggressive

13. CALI_MOST_WANTD

You think it's the gm? I think it's players jumping on to get a ring the easy way. Sure going to Houston can get you rings but its not the bay area, Cousins went for the easiest path and for the location.

ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  14. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Crazy how they know have all 3 of the players I can't stand in the NBA. Nick young, Donkey green, now cousins.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

The parents talk at home and the kids listen.
    If the kid listens how Durant is a coward weak af, deserving of only disgust and contempt, do you think he would want to buy his shoe?

Did Durant's shoe sales even fall at all?

bballjunkie likes this.
  16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don‘t get why there is no system in place to stop this from happening. Maybe get a hard cap, that only allows for 2 max contracts and role players - I know, that wouldn‘t account for pay cuts, but it would spread around the stars more. Maybe lower the salary cap for teams, that have repeatedly exceeded the salary cap. I don‘t know. But this is really getting ridiculous.

I know it‘s not a done deal - I know we, or any other team could end up beating them. But having one team so loaded can‘t be good for business. This is basically gaming the system.

17. malakas

malakas Member

who cares what you want?
    You come here making post after post " I want blabla bla" I want blablabla.
    I don't care what you want and you don't care what I want.

You can pay your money and I DAMN SURE won't pay for any crap product like that.
    You show your approval and I show my dissaproval as a customer.

What's your problem? Who is the crybaby here? LMAO

ghettocheeze and bballjunkie like this.
  18. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

If anything boycott for the corrupt ass refs the league uses to manipulate games. I would be down for that.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope they blow up terribly

20. izeroi

izeroi Member

Yup it's looking like i'll be doing the same. If I even decide to watch bball this season.