1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we ban Klutch Sports from Toyota Center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 2, 2022.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You don't lose a player for nothing if they want to be paid 3x their value. Building a salary cap team is always a value equation, not hoarding what you have. It's good that we "lost" Chandler Parsons.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nurkic sticks out :D:eek:

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Don’t be surprised when Jalen Green switches over to Klutch once he’s a household name

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree KPJ is nowhere near Garland’s level. I also don’t think Garland is worth 5/193.

Tmac1Yao11 likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

Spurs and Jazz are stocking up 2023 picks. Stone should shop KPJ around for 2023 picks. Pistons got better so might be coming out of bottom 5, but I fear we got two new teams in next season's tank-a-thon.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why would you shop one of your two best players around for future picks?

You guys are nuts - he is a budding NBA star......we are HOPING that some of our draft picks get to where KPJ is right now.

DD

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s not worth it unless he continues to improve and makes another big jump…I do think he would have max offers from teams if he was on the open market tho, so the Cavs had to do what they had to do in order to retain talent like that

kubli9 likes this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm just not as high on him as a prospect. But, I also realize that lot of people don't it see that way, including Rockets Org who still seems to be high on him. This also means he probably has more trade value around the league. Including them 2023 sexy picks.

This is not a 'I'm right, other people are wrong' situation, I'm perfectly OK with people liking his game and potential. Not everyone likes (or dislikes) the same players to the same degree.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We acquired him for nothing so losing him for nothing is NBD. Seriously.

Just because you can get someone on a value deal doesn't mean it's always the best thing to do.

I don't mind re-signing Tate - that much - but i can see the case for not re-signing him or just exercising his option and then letting him walk. Maybe the Rockets are better off with KJM and Eason taking his minutes, in which case letting him walk "for nothing" is actually a good thing.

Same thing for KPJ. If you can get him on good value but Washington or whoever fits your team better -> opt for the latter. Who gives a **** about the imaginary player value ledger

Nook likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't mind players wanting to get paid as much as they can. What I hate is agents pulling strings on player movements. I think some agents are too powerful in influencing which players play for which teams.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt, but neither Washington or Nix is a proven NBA player.

And Acquisition cost should not be considered it is opportunity cost moving forward.

DD

#31 DaDakota, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    cmlmel77 likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

mid have zero issues with that if Green plays up to his Kobe Bryant like potential

13. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If we’re winning and gets those numbers… maybe.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Can’t see Rockets losing KPJ. U risk getting his boyfriend Jalen Green sad.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Who is agent of Alperen Sengun and do stone and silas have a beef with him?
    did he did them(or their relatives) dirty at some point in their insignificant careers of setting the worst records in the history of nba?

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

I see a pattern, I don't like every player on here except the ones I highlighted. Maybe Stone and Fertitta feel the same as OP and me lol