1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we acquire Joakim Noah?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

Can we acquire 1994 Olajuwon?

Somebody with a clever mind:

Try to figure out a way we can get 1994 Olajuwon...

If we're going to dream and be unrealistic, lets dream big and more ridiculously.

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Ummm... We have two guys playing center right now that have this team kicking a$$.

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just want to say that i agree with the first part, love Yao as a person. But a cornerstone of a franchise should play more than 30 min a game. I still think Yao can, he wont have many years left, but I think we still have 3-4 more good run out of him.

4. matthappy

matthappy Member

what we badly need is a guy to back up yao like gortat to howard.

yes I agree hayes is also a very excellent player,but his best position is playing defensive PF not C.

5. matthappy

matthappy Member

At this point ,I need to explain clearly,actually I mean Yao don't need to play more than 30 min each game.

if we got a decent backup C,yao could play better in a limited time and set a basis for the game as early as possible,he woudl get more rest when against some lousy teams and later in the play-off games he could do much more contribution .

6. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

The moment Noah gets pissed and asks for a trade.... and if ariza fixes his %/// 2 things which are very likely, then that is a very possible scenario.

7. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I wonder if you think he is better than our 4s...

There can only be 5 players on the court at the same time. We always need to remind ourselves of that.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He's a 5.

10 pts
    12.5 rebs
    1.8 blocks

He would be a welcome addition as a starting center for our team. Nothing against the Chuck Wagon but Noah has the hight and athleticism to go along with great rebounding and good shot blocking.

9. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

can someone photoshop joakim with a rockets jersey so i can post it on the bulls board and see what they say?

10. matthappy

matthappy Member

could u pl post a link of bulls for me firstly.I wanna see more information about them.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Live in Chicago and have watched all but 2-3 of the Bulls games. Noah hustles well and is very active. He is a solid rebounder, but many of his rebounds are uncontested. He is also not the best defender against stronger players. He is a hustle player, but nothing special.

Those that want to trade Yao for him are crazy. He is a solid role player and no more. He would get eaten alive in the WC in the playoffs.

12. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

As DM has mentioned several times, playing our 4s plus Chuck to play the minutes at the 5 is a better option than to trade for and play a mediocre 7 footer (6'11" / 240lbs in Noah's case) .

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I can't help but think you are underestimating Andersen. Unless we lose either Scola or Landry this offseason, I think Andersen makes a great addition to the team as Yao's backup and provides another dimension to the bench.

Defensively, he isn't stellar but this team has proven much of this season that it doesn't need Yao on the court all the time and hopefully next year, with reduced minutes, Yao can be our first option in critical times but by no means the funnel through which our entire offense has to run to survive.