1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we acquire Joakim Noah?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

I doubt it, he's one of the bright spots for Chicago's poor start this season.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i would love joakim noah. he straight up blocked pau gasol twice in one play. just imagien pairing Noah next to Landry.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Pretty much. Kind of makes you wonder what Chuck Hayes could average if he was 5-6 inches taller. We could seemingly have all of that in Hayes if he was minus the asshattery and screaming "BLAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" after every time he does something right.

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I want Beindris

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Very much understandable, out of the new generation of the NBA I feel the same way about Dirk. Dirk seems like a great great guy but I just couldn't stomach him on the Rox. I'd have to take a shower after every game just to feel somewhat clean again. :confused:

6. rockets934life

You seem serious about your post so i'll go along with you. Lets put aside the fact thier is about 14 million in salary difference Noah is an energy guy who will hustle his A$$ off for you but will never been a "go-to-guy" and can't create any kind of presence in the middle offensively. Without Yao we are missing a rim protector and Noah would give us that but we also miss the double teams Yao draws and the easy buckets he creates, Noah couldn't give you either. Noah is the Hayes/Battier type for the center position so he could be vital to a championship team but we need the stereotypical "go-to-guy" so getting him would be great but not at the expense of Yao.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Hayes probably would have been drafted if he had 5-6 inches.

If he was as good defensively as he is now? He'd be a first round pick.

If he had even half of his current speed and durability? He'd be considered one of the best centers in the NBA.

But honestly, hell no to Noah, aside from being annoying prick, heaven knows what we lose to pry him from Chicago.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

All of it I suppose. :)

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Also to add onto my last post, I am bias against Noah.

For some reason, he brings out my inner hater to the forefront, so if I had anything to do with it, the Rockets would trade a plate of Timmy Chans' for Joakim Noah, let alone any player currently on its roster, unless it meant he'd be immediately cut/waived/traded else where so that he never soils a Rockets uniform.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

A nice cheap contract who gives you a double double?

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd love to get Joakim Noah, if that's what Anthony Randolph legally changed his name to...

12. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Joakim "hell" Nooooo ah.... :grin:

13. matthappy

matthappy Member

noah is a good rebounder,hustle play , always with energy,he would be a upgrade for a defensive PF,but his awkward FT% was just the same as hayes,

In my opinion he would fit in our system,but to get him we need to abandon landry or scola ,I don't see any chance .

14. rockets934life

Noah's is shooting 70% percent from the line Hayes barely gets to 50%... ;)

15. matthappy

matthappy Member

I agree yao is the cornerstone of this team,a dominant C not just mean defense but the offensive ability ,yao is far far far better than noah in any respect.without yao we will never get so much sponsor,easy bucket will be away,at worst we will lose the best asset to lure any superstar to join us.

16. HPD

HPD Member

"We can, but we may not"

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Most rational posters would agree that someone who was injured 4 of the last 5 years during playoff time is not fit to be the cornerstone of anything. The only wall Yao Ming is fit to be the cornerstone right now is the Berlin Wall. Don't hold your breath expecting him to come back to his dominant self, and I don't think any superstars would want to team up with a center made of glass either.

With that said, if Yao comes back relatively healthy he'll be a decent piece to our championship puzzle. If he comes back relatively healthy with the cast we already have we don't need a max player anymore IMHO. We can just sign a really good wing (maybe even Tmac at 8 mill a year LOL) and we can contend with anyone.

18. rockets934life

While in theory I'd agree that there is NO WAY you can count on Yao to be a "cornerstone" player with his history of injuries the reality is that he is the 2nd best center in the NBA and while his 20-10 days maybe history a center who can block shots, create double teams, shoot over 80% from the line and give you a double double EVERY FREAKING NIGHT in something most teams don't have. He is this team's cornerstone player along with whoever we pair him with because there is no doubt Morey will go after the 2nd star unless they think Landry is developing into that before our very eyes. With Yao, this year, we would be a dark horse challenger without we are the team no one wants to play in April/May while next year with Yao and someone else we are going to be a championship contender without him we will again be a dark horse but no true championship contender. Yao makes a HUGE difference which to me say "cornerstone" like it or not.

19. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

maybe we can somehow convince the Bulls to trade Noah for Ariza.... I like Noah and think he would be perfect for this team. However, thats not even the reason I would like this trade. I would like this trade because it would simply stop Ariza from taking 15-20 horrible shots a game.

20. matthappy

matthappy Member

each time yao back from injury,he would be stronger and more aggressive than before,all this is correlated with his strong willpower and sense to know how to adjust.
    IF our manager could find a decent backup C for him,he would never need to play more than 30 mins,u still see he is easy to be injuried?