1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can u imagine this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Onepaks, May 17, 2000.

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

I would like the Rockets to stay put at no. 9 and hope that they can get either Miles or Miller (I think one of them might) or move up the draft by giving up only Drew, T. Mass and the 9th pick and get one of them. I dont one to trade any of our players to get in the top 3 and land a pf. I want these players to grow.

2000 lineup:

C- Cato / Dream
    Pf- Thomas / 2nd rounders
    Sf- Miles or Miller / Williams
    Sg- Anderson / Mobley
    Pg- Francis / Norris

I believe that this team wont put us in playoffs so we can can get another lottery which we have to use to draft a sub-star small forward. With these lineup, we will be like the orlando magic this season. After Dream retires and Williams contract expires, we will have tons of money to offer a superstar but unfortunately there are only 3 players that fall to that category at the time we will have money. These players are Webber, Finley and Mutumbo. Of course, we dont need Finley coz we are stack with guards and Mutumbo coz we have Cato, so we go for Webber. With 2 new additions after next year, the 2001 lotto pick year and Webber, we will be a contender.

2001 lineup

C-Cato / Pig / 2001 2nd round pick
    Pf- Webber / Thomas / 2000 2nd rounder
    Sf- Miles or Miller / 2001 top 13-15 pick
    Sg- Anderson / Mobley
    pg- Francis / Norris

the reason for this thread is becoz everyone want to have Swift or Martin. I would loved to have either one of them but in order to get eather one of them, we must give up Cato and the 9th pick. lets just say we do get one of them, who we signed in 2001, Mutumbo? I dont think so. Signing Webber would be insane coz we already have a pf. I would rather have a frontline of Cato/Webber/Miles or Miller than an Aging Mutombo/Martin or Swift/Williams.

Signing webber would be possible coz he wants to go to a possible contender and if he sees the Rockets lineup, he would realize that if he signs, the Rocks will be a contender.

What do u think?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like your conservative approach with foresight to see that the 2001 offseason could land us much more than this season.

I used to agree fully. But I no longer can agree that we won't use our trade exception, which will add more team salary to 2001, and drive us to playoff contention, immediately.

The trade exception is too valuable, and I think it will attract many outstanding trade offers to us. Expect this to be a wild summer. The good news is that we will be playoff contenders next year, because of it. The bad news is, it will add Team Salary and kick us out of the top 10 selections next year.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My problem is your use of 2nd rounders. They RARELY pan out, and ESPECIALLY the big men. Best case scenario, our 2nd rounder would be as good as Todd Maculloch....nothing worth bragging about. Most good 2nd rounders are the guards, with maybe guys like Lewis added to that, because they are REALLY young, and fell in the draft. Heck, most said Maculloch was top 20.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!