1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the Rockets run their gimmick offense in the Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 20, 2013.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Playoffs is played at a slower tempo, halfcourt style. I am worried we are screwed. The other team is going to be fully concentrated, we won't be able to get cheap fastbreak buckets. Furthermore the game is more physical so Harden will not only have a harder time getting to the bucket, when he gets there he won't get as many fouls called.

Everything the Rockets are good at is mitigated in the postseason. And the things we suck at like halfcourt offense and defense are more important.

I think we are screwed.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Don't matter. We choked and we're playing OKC anyway. Just makes it 4 and out, instead of a 6-7 games series.

3. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Shoot 3s and pray that they will go in.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

No, of course not. We never had a chance from the beginning. We've been first round fodder from Day 1.

5. pnr

pnr Member

Lol why have expectations? I'm pretty sure we'll get swept

6. ada32

ada32 Member

Run harden iso a thousand times!

If it fail on the first time, try again on the second thousand times!

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

LOL what? Who thinks like this?

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You're right, the youngest team in the league might not beat the reigning WC champs.

WE ARE SO SCREWED BRO.

9. gate470

gate470 Rookie

We're going to look real bad tomorrow. It's not gonna be pretty.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Every game we get under our belt is valuable experience. If we lose in six, that's a victory for this team. If we lose in five, not bad. The sweep is the only thing we are playing to avoid right now.

11. conquistador#11

why parachute over france, it's surrounded by germans

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

why worry about a diarhea crap, if you know its gonna happen?

13. LiveEatSleepRox

From a fan's view, you should be happy your team's in the playoffs regardless if we will do well or not. It proves we are one of the best 14 teams in the league and we just so happen to be in the first season of complete rebuild AND the youngest/least experienced.

It should make you super excited for next season even if this post-season leaves a bad taste in your mouth. What's to be embarrassed about ?! LET'S GO ROCKETS !

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Nobody gives us a chance, even our own fans. There is no pressure on the young team. All they need to do is just go out to compete and gain experience. Nothing to lose. Any win is huge confidence boost and experience builder for the kids.

I am not worried at all, and I actually see us stealing two games.

15. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Take a look at the Den/GSW game, the game was slowed down and the defense was tightened up.

No, our offense will suffer big time

16. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Better than parachute over the sea when you can't even swim.

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

The more I think about it, the more I think playing OKC will offer this team great experience since you would expect that if this team will be a contender in the coming few years, they will have to go through OKC. No time like the present to learn how to play them. Even a 4-0 sweep will give each individual player experience that he'll need moving forwards. Next year it may be the second round... the following year may be the WCFs. Familiarity will breed confidence in the future. Nothing to lose, bombs away!

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't know, everyone saying we "choked" against the Lakers is off base. I was actually encouraged by the Memphis and Lakers losses, because they played an ugly, half-court style, played terribly on offense, and still came close to winning both games.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

there is still a difference between a clean sweep (4 blow outs) and a competitive sweep with 3 really close

20. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

My fellow fans here are clever, witty and great sports.

I agree: "BOMBS AWAY!"