1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the Rockets make the playoffs without Patrick Patterson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Mar 19, 2013.

?

Can we make the playoffs without Patterson?

1. NO. We are hopeless without our savior.

42 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Ha. Ha. Ha.

219 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Do we have a bet now that the odds are 100:1?

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Patterson and Morris always underwhelmed me. Never saw much potential. DMo hasn't been setting the world on fire, so it looks like we took a step back. I would think there is a time of adjustment. Keep winning and we will get there. Lin looks like he is getting in a groove and that may be the best news.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Rockets weren't playing that great of basketball before the trade as compared to now. They had a 7 game losing streak in the middle of January but did recover and go 8-5 in the next 13 before the trade but one of those loses came to a bad Sac team. Since the trade there has been some adjustments but they have still managed to go 8-5 and that includes blowing back to back 17 point leads. As of right now I can't confidently say that the trade has had a negative impact on our record.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

If the Rockets don't make the playoffs and it's not due to a Harden injury, they deserve to be flamed.

If the Rockets play .500 ball from here on out, Utah will need to go 10-2 to make the playoffs. That's with a schedule that includes @Spurs, Thunder, and @Memphis.

5. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

If we had the sixth seed we'd be matched up against Memphis. I think the Rockets would have had a legitimate chance to come out of the first round. That would've been a massive achievement.

As it is, we're going to be up against the Spurs or Thunder. It's still nice to be in the play-offs, but there's a bitter aftertaste knowing what could have been. Of course, Morey is interested in the bigger picture though, I understand and respect that - just not sure about that Robinson pick-up.

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Considering typed words over interwebz forums are often ambiguous, you point at very subtle things. So I don't get how that changes a thing I said, except the fact that now you think we're the #8 team instead of the #9 team. Wow! Earth Shattering!!!!

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Patterson wouldn't have been the difference against Memphis.

Z-Bo would tear him to shreds, Z-Bo is going to tear any one we have up there to shreds.

But T-rob actually plays bigger than Patterson, he grabbed 6 boards in 17 minutes tonight, the only thing stopping him from 10+ boards is pretty much minutes. His defense is more than solid which says a ton for a rookie.

He locked down his man tonight, completely locked him down...which is a lot considering the bigs he had to go against tonight.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This poll/bet is a straw man beating. Those of us who are not ecstatic about the trade never said the Rockets would DEFINITELY miss the playoffs now. What we say is that it makes it more difficult to make the playoffs (or more likely to miss it). And even if we make it, it makes us a weaker team, less competitive in the first round.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

El Herrera,

1,000:1

My $20,000, your $20.

Your move, hombre.

Missing that PPat tear drop in the lane tonight.

1 person likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I doubt dude even has $20, he's logged on here all day making a tard of himself.

1 person likes this.
  12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

What a joke of a thread.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

29-26 (.527)
    9-5 (.643)

14. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

didn't need him tonight

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

lol... Didn't read this thread about the bets until now. Some of you people sure worked yourselves into an emotional state. Good for you.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Can the Rockets make the playoffs without Patrick Patterson?

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

We are 10-5 since the trade. Here I listed top 4 most minutes played lineups. The stats may be skewed by playing against weaker teams and/or blowouts, but still...our current starting lineup is +16.7 points/100 possessions. Simply AWESOME!

If DMo can somehow stay out of foul trouble, this lineup will make a lot of noise during playoffs!

<PRE>
    Net
    Rk Lineup MP PTS6
    8 O. AsikJ. HardenJ. LinD. MotiejunasC. Parsons 195:22 +16.7
    13 O. AsikJ. HardenJ. LinM. MorrisC. Parsons 332:21 +5.5
    14 O. AsikC. DelfinoJ. HardenJ. LinC. Parsons 204:45 +5.4
    Team Average 3375:00 +3.9
    17 O. AsikJ. HardenJ. LinC. ParsonsP. Patterson 565:51 -0.4
    </PRE>

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2013/lineups/