1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Texans make a play for Revis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SK34, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

2. drewd17

drewd17 Member

3. SK34

SK34 Member

They are looking for his trade value.. So why not? Our secondary isn't impressive. He will def help us with teams like New England.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No. He will cost way too much

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Scratch that I'm an idiot was looking at someone else's salary

6. 713

713 Member

There's a thing called cap space. you understand the texans are barely under cap right?

7. SK34

SK34 Member

See, I don't pay attention to all that. That is why I asked if its possible. Can they make a play for him or not? If they can, they should hop on it.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

No, they cannot make a play on Revis. If the Texans hope to resign most of their free agents, the only new players they can add will be decent, but not great, players with medium-sized contracts.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Honestly, if there is one unit I would NOT upgrade (just starters), it would be the secondary. I think they would be fine if they had any kind of adequate linebacker play. Kareem and Joseph are one of the best pairs of cover corners in the league now and Quin played at a pro-bowl level this season imo.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

Completely agree.

I have a bad feeling about Quinn though. I don't think we will be able to re-sign him. :(

11. Antec

Antec Member

Can the Texans trade Antonio Smith (TOO BIG OF A CONTRACT) to the Rockets for Jeremy Lin? Jeremy Lin can handle the ball right? Let him play QB.

Problem solved.

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Am I the only one that saw Brady kill texans by throwing deep balls over OUR secondary

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i think JJO/KJax might be one of the better cb tandems in the league.. revis/cromartie probably being the best..

Quin is solid, obviously upgradable, but if he doesnt re-sign it will be a step back for the secondary...

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

Bro, many of those throws were because of mismatches. They have 4-5 WR sets, so that means at least one of our linebackers has to cover a wide receiver one on one. And many times that was Ruud, who joined us in the middle of the season. Cushing by far is a better coverage player than any of the linebacks that were out there.

Also, our pass rush sucked ass. You cannot expect ANY secondary to do well if Brady or any other elite quarterbacks have all day to throw. Besides J.J. Watt, our pass rush was horrific. The outside linebackers under-performed greatly this season, and Antonio Smith wasn't as aggressive as he was in previous years IMO.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

thats a scheme problem.. blitzing, getting no pressure, playing man and letting guys like welker run around. having our bottom of the barrell ILB drop deep in coverage.. poor gameplan..

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No corners have a chance if there is absolutely no pressure on the QB. Especially in a defense like Wade's that plays man coverage almost exclusively and has to have their best safety quin play out of position at linebacker some of the time.

Also, what do you consider deep? Because Brady wasn't beating us with deep balls in that game.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I remember a few times seeing Ruud or James run over to the sideline to cover a WR right before Brady snapped the ball. I was screaming at the tv every time and brady hit that guy EVERY TIME

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Jackson and Joseph is definitely a good enough combo at CB.

However, we need 3 new LBs next season. And a DT.

19. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

I agree, and that's why matt schaub plays sooooo much better when he's not under pressure. Get that right side of the O line stronger!

I hope they do trade Revis--to the NFC, please!

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I'd trade 2 1st round picks for him.