1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

All of them.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This argument would work for about 90% of the NBA.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The team that scores the most points in the allotted time wins the game -- scoring is accomplished by shooting the ball through the hoop.

wekko368 and apollo33 like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So you are saying that every Rockets team Harden was on was better than the current Warriors team and he had worse teammates than Curry's current teammates?

5. durvasa

I disagree. In the seasons we are talking about in 2015 and 2016 (pre KD) he was shooting close to 70% on shots around the basket. That is elite finishing for a guard.

Since 2014/2015 season, he is at 66.5% shooting on shots 0-3 feet from the basket, with 19% of his field goal attempts coming there. For comparison, during that same span for Kyrie the numbers are 62% and 24%.

It is true, however, that this year there's been considerable drop off in that area for Curry. But he's still well above average in converting layups and flip shots around the basket.

#1505 durvasa, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Curry is a really good finisher around the rim, he's very crafty and agile around there. The only reason I would say he is not elite is that he doesn't take contact very well. Most of the time he gets to the basket because the defenders are over playing his jump shot. But when the defender gets more physical he has trouble finishing around the rim and he doesn't draw that many fouls either compared to Harden, Luka Lebron etc. I have seen Curry really struggle when we play really physical and switch well on screens, and he is forced to iso and create shots.

that is more to do with is physical abilities than anything else. Harden and Curry are similar in a lot of ways. They are opportunistic scorers. They both read the defence really well and can exploit mistakes. But they both lack raw physical abilities like a lot of greats in the past, Harden with his lack of hops, lateral quickness, and overall athletic ability; Curry with his lack of strength, and ability to take contact. It's no surprise that both have had dud games in the playoffs when the defense really tightens up.

Easy likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are not even trying to have a real convo anymore.:rolleyes:

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is talking about only 2015-16?

He had those numbers because they had great floor spacing now he does not and we see what happens, thats why he is not an elite finisher like Kyrie and others.

How many times did Kyrie and Curry finish at the rim which is as important as percentages.

9. durvasa

I included those numbers as well.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

5% is a big difference and you only used 1 season.

11. durvasa

It's a relevant question. In which year did Harden have worse teammates than Curry's current teammates and he led them to a better record? If not all of them, then which one?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No its not.

It has nothing to do with the topic.

I said he has done more with less I never said its one season.

The team he took to the 1st WCF IMO is on par with this current team.

13. durvasa

Huh?

Thanks for answering the question.

14. durvasa

No, I didn't. I also gave the numbers for the last 6 seasons.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You've misused the phrase "more with less". That's why your argument is confusing.

Harden's teams haven't accomplished "more" than Curry's teams in any year so far. That's why it's impossible for him to have accomplished "more with less" unless you're referring to this year since this is the first year that Harden's team has accomplished "more" than Curry's team.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This guy.:rolleyes:

Its evident you don't know what more with less means.

How about this.

Harden can take his and beat yours, and he could take yours and beat his.” - Bum Phillips

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And when did Harden take his and beat Curry's?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Actually a good point, but it's obvious you just want to argue and distract from the topic.

You still don't know what doing more with less means.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm not looking to argue. I just wanted to clear up the confusion caused by your misuse of the phrase "more with less".

The argument occurred because you failed to acknowledge your error.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it's almost impossible to know because Curry has never had lesser talent around him except for last year and this year. GS is currently 8th seed in the West.

I would also say that Harden has done more with less based on last year alone. Harden has never not played a full season with the Rockets and has made the playoffs every year. Curry's team last year finished with the worst record in the league, and believe it or not durability is part of what makes a player great.

jiggyfly likes this.