1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

bump. this will be my go to thread for entertainment this year.

2. Mr. Space City

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Continues to prove me wrong. Just like Brady did.

HP3 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brady is one of the best ever. No matter where he plays.

roslolian likes this.
  5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Curry is averaging 30 points on 66 TS%. His best teammate is Draymond, who is averaging 5/5/8 on 35% shooting. Or maybe it's Wiggins, the career underachiever. I didn't think he'd have this kind of year with Klay down. Anyone who continues to downplay Curry's abilities is just a hater and no performance he put forth would change their minds.

roslolian, JumpMan, Easy and 2 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Keep in mind though, that Draymond is not chopped liver on offense. Dude is one of the 10 best passers in the league and when he really gives a crap he's one of if not the best defensive players in the league. GS is winning games because of their defense, not their offense and that starts with Draymond. Curry is amazing and he's been one of the best players in basketball this season, putting up numbers identical to his MVP season. He's been incredible.

MrButtocks, jordnnnn and hakeem94 like this.
  7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yeah, I cannot hate on Steph, this year. He's been fantastic, it's his 3rd highest TS% of his career/48th highest in NBA history.

daywalker02 and HP3 like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His shooting is clearly great so far this season without the help of another sharp shooter next to him. What's impressive is that his on court +/- has been in positive territory 9 out of their last 10 games while his team went only 6-4. He is clearly not the reason why his team isn't doing better.

plutoblue11, roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

King of showboaters.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://www.pbpstats.com/assist-combo-summary/nba?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular+Season

Green to Curry is the most frequent assist combo in the league so far.

It’s sad Harden to Wood is STILL in the top 40 lol

#1350 jordnnnn, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Steph Curry def proved his haters like me wrong with his play this season.

You have to be blind not to acknowledge his great play esp. considering the quality of his teammates.

Easy, JumpMan, wekko368 and 2 others like this.
  13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Nobody is questioning if Curry is a great player or not. We're questioning if he can carry his own team, which I don't think he can on a consistent basis.

He cannot run the point as Harden can. What Curry does well is play off the ball and use the screens. Curry isn't that great of a playmaker.

But, he's having a great year. If he had a playmaker like Harden next to him, the Warriors would be a scary team.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

But he is carrying his team. Warriors roster is just as bad as Rockets the difference is we have Dipo and they have Curry.

Look I believe Curry is the most pampered superstar ever but to claim he isnt putting his team on his back this year is just dumb. This year the Curry hype is def warrented I think he should be 3rd in MVP voting behind Embiid and Lebron.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Warriors' supporting cast is worse. Wood/Wall/Gordon is easily better than D.Green/Wiggins/Oubre.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really cuz Wall and Dipo dont play b2bs and then Wood is out. The Rox also dont have anybody taller than 6'6 besides Wood and Cousins before Spalding arrived at least GSW has length going for them with Looney, Wiggins and Oubre.

Green has been much better than Tucker this seasob and Wiggins has been getting a lot of praise for his improved defense. Really only Oubre is playing bad and even he isnt going 0fer whiler playing 30 mins like Tucker, House and Tate.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Who cares about b2b's? How many missed games does that translate to? And Wood is injured temporarily. He'll be back.

I'll never understand the fascination with Looney. For all his "length and defense", he's only averaging 15 mpg, 4ppg, and 4 rpg. He's the definition of a "replacement level player."

Wiggins has been solid for GSW all year, but surely you can admit that Oubre has been a HUGE disappointment, right?

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you mean who cares about B2Bs? You realize Wall has missed 9 of their 26 games so far right? Missing 35% of your games for 2 of those guys you mentioned isnt a big deal to you? Lol.

By that logic lets add Klay Thompson to Curry's cast I mean he is only injured temporarily as well just like Wood he'll be back next year.

Looney's 4 pts 4 rebs still better than Tuckers 0 pts 2 rebs so w/e give me that replacement level player on this team. You can have Spalding and Cousins its a 2 for 1 special.

Oubre being disappointing has got nothing on Dipo, Tucker and House. Lol check their stats man. If Oubre a disappointment at 40% FG what about Dipo at 38% FG? And Dipo misses b2bs on top of that. Tucker has the same stats as Looney but in double the mins and House is just a clown so far this season.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And how many of Wall's missed games were due to b2b's?

Sounds like that's a discussion for next year. Meanwhile, in this year, Wood will be back so it's foolish to omit him from the Rockets' supporting cast just because he's currently injured.

You're the one who brought up Looney as a positive for GSW's supporting cast. I didn't bring up Tucker at all. If I brought up Tucker as a positive for the Rockets' supporting cast, that would be a testament to how bad the supporting cast actually is.

The same can be said for Looney.

If you're talking about supporting casts, why are you mentioning Oladipo? Earlier, you said something to the effect of "we have Oladipo; GSW has Curry". Given that, you should be looking at the rosters outside of those two players.

Like I said before, Wood/Wall/Gordon is easily better than D.Green/Wiggins/Oubre.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean your original statement was replying to me saying GSW and Houston is the same level right? So point is with Wood out and Wall missing 35% of the Rox games so far then obviously Wood/Wall/EG clearly isn't better than D.Green/Wiggins/Oubre. You are trying to split hairs who cares whether Wall missed games due to B2Bs or injury or some kind of combination, it's still due to injury and preventative maintenance doesn't matter what reason they give he is out 35% of the time. Same thing with Wood you keep saying he'll be back but we don't know when. Wood has only played 17 games while Rox have 26 total games so far so he has also missed 35% of their games and counting. Meanwhile only D. Green has missed 4 games Wiggins and Oubre have played every game thus far. Just by default of being available every game then GS's trio is a lot better than Rox trio. Again if you wanna play the "what if" game and pretend everyone is healthy when they aren't then guess what Klay Thompson is on GSW roster as well. Eric Gordon alone has missed more games than Green, Oubre and Wiggins combined so nah the Rox trio is CLEARLY not better than GSW trio. Maybe in NBA 2K they'd have a better cumulative rating but not in real life cuz they always injured and not playing.

Right so you do realize I'm talking about the supporting cast and by supporting cast it means all the players besides Curry and Dipo which includes Looney, Tucker, House etc. Obv I would mention them cuz the supporting cast means the entire team besides those 2 players not just Wood, Wall and EG.

#1360 roslolian, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    MettaWorldPete likes this.