1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Win Win Win

Carry Carry Carry

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

LOL that was BECAUSE of Harden

HP3 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden has never had a team as talented as Curry full stop.

The fact that we the best regular season shows how he makes teams better.

The team that had the best regular season record had 1 allstar (Harden) that GS team had 4.

What does the bolded have to do with the topic.

HP3 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

You literally didn’t even read my post and not only posted stats that proved my point but just completely disregarded what I said. I didn’t even mention Harden in my last post you did.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

You just lost all credibility.

Why did GS start winning when Draymond returned from injury, how is that curry unlocking Green?

vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Just adding some context that shows some hard truths....

GSW was a more talented but we could have beat them. Our team was a GSW stopper. We needed to score buckets and for whatever reasons one of the greatest offensive players of all times couldn't do anything to stop the bleeding. Harden choked against GSW and CP3 was injured.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This was your post:
    You said his TS% was below his 2014. If you are claiming that .603 is below the level of .610, .589, .605, etc., then you are picking bones.

And did you mention Harden? Hell yes!

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t know how to compare their talent level. There are certainly things Harden can do that Curry can’t do as well, and (clearly) vice versa.

Harden is more of a floor raiser than Curry. But I don’t think simply replacing Curry with Harden on those Warriors teams makes them better, if that’s what you’re asking.

JumpMan likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

2014 is literally before his super team. And it’s still lower. Yes. I’m not picking bones, I’m telling you the truth.

I mentioned Harden and other great offensive players. Why do you ignore context and the rest of what I posted?

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Draymond Green's passing has allowed the Warriors to capitalize on Curry's off-ball gravity. When Curry plays off-ball, that maximizes Green's offensive impact. That's Curry unlocking Green.

There's a difference between playmaking and passing. Green is an excellent passer but a poor playmaker. Look at the following pictures. These are examples of Curry making the play while Green makes the pass (and gets the assist).

In this picture, Gasol abandons Looney to double team Curry off-ball. Looney runs to the rim and Green delivers the pass. Curry created the defensive breakdown.

[​IMG]

In the following picture, Curry sets a pick for Wiggins, and both KCP and Schroder stay with Curry. Wiggins runs to the rim, and Green delivers the pass. Curry created the defensive breakdown.

[​IMG]

In the following picture, the Warriors are in transition offense, but both Schroder and Lebron focus on Curry which allows Wanamaker to run to the rim. Green delivers the pass while Curry created the defensive breakdown.

[​IMG]

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No that's not what I am asking it would be hard for anybody to make those teams better but I do know this Curry would not have made any of those Houston teams better because he is not as good as a playmaker.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude why don't you tell us again how Green is a good passer and not a playmaker.

You make total sense.:rolleyes:

I have no idea what you think those pics show.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The pictures show Curry creating the defensive breakdown while Green makes the appropriate pass to capitalize on it.

Do you understand the difference between playmaking and passing?

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I see you have no idea what playmaking is let me show you.

It's the ability to manipulate defenders and be able to make the correct pass for a score it does not have to be an assist.

anybody can pass the ball but playmaking is being able to manipulate a defense by dribbling and then passing to the correct person.

Draymond is the best playmaker on GS.

Read and learn.
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/4/21422487/nba-playoffs-bam-adebayo-draymond-green-marc-gasol

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're saying that it's impossible to be a playmaker if you don't have the ball. That's flat out wrong.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is the 2nd most ignorant thing you have said today, no you cannot playmake if you don't have the ball what you are talking about is gravity.

So you still you still think Green is not a playmaker?

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

Curry is also highlighting as the team physician

We need a Curry can CURE his own team thread.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You don't think gravity is a form of playmaking? Your view of "playmaking" is too simplistic.

Look at this picture:

[​IMG]

Gasol and Schroder have double teamed Curry which leaves Looney with an uncontested path to the basket. He runs to the rim, and Green delivers the pass for a Looney dunk.

Curry is clearly the playmaker in this sequence. He's the one who causes the defensive breakdown which leads directly to the Warriors' basket.

Green is literally standing almost 30 feet from the basket, his defender is about 10 feet away from him, and you're trying to argue that he's the playmaker here? Seriously?

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Keep making yourself look stupid, how the hell do you think a still pic is showing anything and when did I say the particular pic or play is proof of anything.

I gave you proof by video and by the article explaining why he is a playmaker.

Its nice that you have shown you really don't know much about actual basketball.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

You are wasting your time. I know who you are talking to. LOL this dumbass actually thinks Jimmy Butler is better than Harden and that Cp3 carried us for the entirety of our playoff fun in 2017-2018.

jiggyfly likes this.