1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh its about situation now. So why do you claim Curry didnt play with a stacked deck when he made the playoffs just because Klay and Dray werent voted all stars yet? I mean talking about situation the GSW team cast was the same one that broke the regular season record so if its about the situation why are you claiming Curry proved himself already when he had help ever since he made the playoffs? You are Mr. TECHNICALITY remember? Or does it depend whether its convenient for you or not?

As per your logic the package NO got for AD was 2 top 2 picks, Jason hart, a top 4 pick, and then a bunch of picks and swaps. Thats 3 top 5 lotto picks+other goods def the a lot more than any single super star went for in the last decade.

Towns doesnt play defense, AD does. Offensively Towns is a superstar but offense is just half of the game.

#581 roslolian, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because Green was a bench warmer when he was a rookie.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what you just said it isnt the stats its the situation. Iggy, Klay and Bogut dont count as help now? Iggy was a perennial allstar in the East Bogut wasnt an all star but played good enough to receive a near max contract. Klay Thompson was so valuablr GSW declined to trade him for Kobe. So what kind of situation is that? Thats a stacked deck given that its the same cast that broke the regular season record.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In 2014, Klay Thompson was probably around all-star caliber. Iggy and Bogut were above average role players.

Iggy was a "perennial" all-star? Would you like to guess how many all-star teams he's made in his career?

Simply put, your logic is bad.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The same amount of times he was MVP of the NBA finals.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

and olympic gold medalist

i think at least

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

@roslolian just ignore that dude, his lack of reading comprehension skills don't justify you typing up long replies. I've done this with him, and I don't ignore people very often.

HP3, hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, but he's a shooter. Probably made 75 straight 3's here.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He did in 2015 and in 2016. And in 2019 after Durant got hurt, he beat the Rockets, swept Portland and was 1-1 vs Raptors hen Klay got hurt

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

wekko summary...

Overrates players to fit his narrative.
    Underrates players to fit his narrative.

Says Harden shooting 30% in a playoff series is a choke job.
    Another poster and I pointed out Curry shot under 30% in a playoff series. Replies with "But but but it was only one time."

Constantly brings up Curry's individual accolades, then tells another poster "you realize this is a team game right?

Mummywrap thinks this person is either in denial or may be just be flat out the biggest fanboy he's ever encountered.

HP3 likes this.
  11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Who have I overrated? And who have I underrated? And how?

So you don't make a distinction between an isolated event and a repeated event? Are you aware of how many times Harden has shot around 30% for a series?

And which of those are false?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Overrated/Underrate- to support your claim, you devalue Curry's help and overvalue Harden's. You know what you're doing, I'm not sure why your even asking.

You plainly said "Harden choked because he shot 30% from the 3 in a playoff series. When it is pointed out to you, that Curry had shot even worse in a playoff series, you then want to make a distinction of # of times instead of acknowledging, by YOUR OWN ASSESSMENT, Curry is a bigger choker than Harden.

What is false is you pushing Curry's accolades, while dismissing his help as much as you can, then having the audacity to say "it's a team game."

You're quite silly and you resorting to these elementary tactics presents yourself as someone who deep down knows that he is wrong and is getting curb stomped. Last year's and this year's Curry's performance's should give you a hint that no, Curry can't carry a team, at all.

Mummywrap has determined you are no longer worthy of anymore responses, you're dismissed.

s3ts, vlaurelio, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I think I'm being objective. If you think I'm overrating/underrating, the onus is on you to prove it.

Are you aware of how many times Harden has shot around 30% from the 3pt line in a playoff series?

You don't make a distinction between a single event and a repeated one?

Also, I want to point out that I used 30% as a benchmark because it's universally considered to be a bad percentage. I think Harden's worst was 24.4% from the 3pt line in the 2018 WCF.

#594 wekko368, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

isnt choking by definition a one time event? ie not performing as usually would be expected from you?

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Look at Lebron. Early in his career, before he developed a jumper, he was known as a choker. He isn't anymore. It's about a player's body of work. If all he does is choke, then fine, call him a choker. But if he also comes through in the clutch, then the "choker" label needs to be adjusted.

If you want to label Curry a choker because he shot less than 30% from the 3pt line in a series that GSW won, that's fine. But that begs the question....Harden has shot around 30% from the 3pt line in 4 series that the Rockets lost. What label does he deserve?

17. HardenVolumeOne

lol curry didnt change nothing, that morey, and sam hinkie

s3ts and BallaDoc like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well its a first for 4 of the superstars of a 73 win team to beg the guy on another team they beat by going back from being down 3 games to join them

19. HardenVolumeOne

lol he didnt beat the rockets. klay matched harden bucket for for bucket in that first half of game 6 in 2019.. and then iggy hit like 4 straight threes, curry had a gooseegg in the first half on that game 6 and was being throughly outplayed by harden in the series at that point

BallaDoc likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well that was because of Curry's gravity