1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. RocketsDraftTV

his career stats reflect he’s closer to top 25 ish just like harden, kawhi and cp3. He’s had 2 elite seasons and they rest were above average to average for an elite player. In fact it’s the championships that elevate him to top 25. When with kawhi, cp3 and harden it’s their stats and advanced stats over a long period of years

Jontro likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

The dumbass thread that keeps delivering. Nice job OP feckin eejet

Salvy likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

You already know this thread is bout to go A Quiet Place... They go silent when exposed....

[​IMG]

GotGame15 and Asian Sensation like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

on the last page people said curry is unplayable in the 4th..i guess they wouldnt have drafted him then

5. Asian Sensation

Goddaaamn y’all Harden fanbois/Steph Curry haters really fcking suck at basketball analysis.

GotGame15, Snow Villiers and Salvy like this.
  6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It would be interesting if the Celtics won the title, but Curry won FMVP. With the way the first 4 games have gone, it should be possible.

Just goes to show how overrated the award is.

chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  7. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

He's certainly carrying them now. Klay is definitely not pre-injury Klay--if he ever gets close to that form again, it won't be this series. Poole hasn't yet learned how to dominate against physical defense. You could argue that the Warriors' second-best player offensively so far this series has been Andrew Wiggins. I guess the new narrative will be that Curry needs the help of superstars like Wiggins.

GotGame15, chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd say the take that has aged the poorest (not necessarily a bad take at the time) is from Juxtaposed Jolt (#390):

"Wiseman is already better than Capela, 2 games in. Hot take? Maybe. But I'm probably right in assuming.

Capela can't even stay healthy."

This was such an entertaining thread.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Just enjoy the basketball. Steph is pretty damn good. His style can be played until he’s close to 40.

I hate that he killed us too. But I don’t believe this man ever quit on his team. Ever. I don’t know why it’s such a surprise to Boston fans. Those that are shocked, only ever watched their own teams.

we have to also give it to Wiggins, his night last night was huge. Steph wasn’t all alone.

10. foh

foh Member

hot take: you'd think that the greatest shooter in the NBA history can break through to the top 15 in a game that's designed around the idea of throwing a ball into a hoop...

11. tksense

tksense Member

The only one ever was by West in a game 7 two point loss. I think it can be justified only if the series is this close.

12. foh

foh Member

Imagine if harden played with such tenacity & hustle on that end of the floor... Curry is like 2 years older too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

There's more to it than that. Right now, there's no consensus FMVP on the Celtics. Tatum and Brown have comparable stats. Assuming the current trends maintain, I can see Tatum getting 3 votes, Brown getting 3 votes, and Curry getting 5 votes.

14. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure everyone notices who is going to post after each game depending on the results lol

seeingredtx and hakeem94 like this.
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

People become their takes and their takes become like serious bets. Bets that they will always show up to collect on, but will hardly ever pay.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's been quite evident in this series that steve curie cannot

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

His career accolades are more representative of top 30 all time, but if he gets a FMVP this series I'd put him around top 20-ish. Giannis in his young career already has more individual accomplishments.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Out of curiosity, who are 25 players you have ahead of Curry?

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Off the top of my head, here are 20 players with a strong case (not necessarily in order):

1 Michael Jordan
    2 LeBron James
    3 Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    4 Wilt Chamberlain
    5 Bill Russell
    6 Magic Johnson
    7 Larry Bird
    8 Hakeem Olajuwon
    9 Shaquille O'neal
    10 Tim Duncan
    11 Kobe Bryant
    12 Oscar Robertson
    13 Kevin Durant
    14 Giannis Atentokounpo
    15 Jerry West
    16 Moses Malone
    17 Kevin Garnett
    18 David Robinson
    19 Karl Malone
    20 Charles Barkley

I'm probably missing a few. I could see an argument for Curry deserving of top 20. I think he's borderline right now.

xaos likes this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I think Curry would clearly be ahead of Robertson, Durant, Barkley, K.Malone, West, Robinson, and Garnett; he's likely ahead of M.Malone and Giannis.