1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So style of play (as opposed to skin color) explains the supposed lack of popularity of Jokic, but it doesn’t explain the difference in popularity between Curry and Harden? How did you arrive at that? It’s not like Curry and Harden play anything like each other.

3. HardenVolumeOne

what is your theory as to why doncic is praised but hardem is seen as a villian. I believe if doncic had jokic numbers he would be in talks for unanimous mvp

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

i agree jokic is fun to watch for me too, but why doesnt espn ever talk about him

5. WestendMassive

ESPN are assholes that don't realise that his amazing passing is just as exciting as a poster dunk or a Curry 3

BallaDoc, Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Style of play, personality, youth. There are a number of things one could point to that explains why he may be more popular with certain fans. I'm not saying that race is not a factor at all with anybody -- I can't know that -- but the notion that it is a major factor is unsubstantiated.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm still waiting on the Data from you.

Nobody is saying Wiggins is top end talent we are just saying he would have been maybe the 2nd best player on that team since Howard was hurt so much.

What data are you using for Wiggins or anybody on that other team?

Bazemore, Pool, Looney and Paschal are not as good as Brewer, J Smith, Terry and Pregioni, why?

You keep saying you would take those guys over the G.S. guys why?

The eye test?

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

ESPN does talk about him, what are you talking about?

Yes Steph is taking up all of the oxygen currently but Jokic is a Fav of the ESPN talking heads.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Beverly, Ariza, Terrry, and Brewer all had better offensive raptor ratings than Bazemore, Oubre, Paschal, Poole and Wiseman. I don’t know how much more data you want. Go look for yourself. Don’t talk to me about data. You couldn’t tell data from your own ass.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

link?

And you notice I did not use the starters we were talking about bench players.

So this offensive raptor thing is gonna be your deciding line?

Why does this specific raptor rating mean more than anything else?

I found the metrics and really have no idea what they mean but Damion Lee has a better rating than Brewer Terry Smith and Ariza so there is that.

And does it account for what we all have been saying that Harden makes everybody around him better offensively?

#2170 jiggyfly, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You can use any player you want that isn’t steph curry. My argument was that the 14-15 team was deeper and more veteran. You wanted stats, I gave you stats. Now you are saying you don’t like the stats I gave you. You are just moving the goal posts indefinitely. At the end of the day it’s a subjective question and I have given you more than enough support for my take. If you don’t like it, so be it.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's your argument but the only metric you have brought to the table is for random players with a specific raptor data point.

You have given more than enough?

What?

You have used on specific raptor data point and you think that's enough?

Nobody is moving goal post you just can't back up your take with much data and now you want tap out again and act like I am the problem.

You are just not good at discussing things on a more than surface level.

I can use your same metric and say tat Damien Lee is better than anybody u listed.

BallaDoc likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Oh, so you ask for specific data, I give you specific data, and now it’s not enough. The only things you have brought to this discussion are comprehension issues and stupidity.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not ask for specific data I asked what data where you using and it seems you are basing everything on this specific data point but even then Damian Lee is better than the guys you claim are superior.

This is what I actually said:

why don't you actually bring some metrics and numbers to defend your position.

And you think citing offensive raptor does that.

Seems legit.

BallaDoc likes this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Do you even know what a metric is? It is a system by which things are measured. That is exactly what Raptor is. Five Thirty Eight is fairly well respected too.You are just in over your head, acting like Raptor is something I pulled out of nowhere, and that it can't stand on its own as support for an argument.

So let me get this straight....your counter to my showing you that more of the Rockets role players have higher ratings, and thus were a deeper team, is to say: "Damion Lee is slightly higher than them all".....So what? that Rockets team was deeper.

I think its time you add something substantive to the discussion in terms of what your argument is, and the support you have for it.....you have yet to provide anything of that sort. Yet, you say I am the one who can only discuss things on the surface.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

FYI: Curry is playing on national tv tonight.

17. Mr Chuck Norris

And getting smacked

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Apart from Curry, the Warriors are shooting 4-34 from 3. LOL.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

are we talking about curry's teammates with him on the court vs harden's teammates with him on the court offensive ratings?

20. HardenVolumeOne

he wont respond to you lol