1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can someone post the ESPN insider article on the Rockets' pursuit of Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, May 3, 2010.

1. elvis

elvis Member

2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

Raptors forward Chris Bosh used his Twitter page Friday to ask fans where he should end up next season. Bruce Arthur of the National Post thinks Bosh made a bad choice doing that and believes he was just seeking attention.

Arthur writes: "This, however, was not his finest moment. Maybe he thought it would be playful; maybe he was just bored on a Friday night, waiting for the Lakers-Thunder game to start. Maybe he genuinely doesn't know what to do -- which seems likely -- and decided to do a little dance with the masses. But that's what this was -- a cry for attention, for affection, for an adrenaline shot to the ego. Worse, it was a disingenuous cry; it was the kind of fan-baiting that Bosh was above this season, as he conducted himself with dignity and respect."

Most observers of the NBA believe Bosh will not be in Toronto next season either by a sign-and-trade or just by signing a contract with another club.

Houston is definitely one team that hopes to land him via a sign-and-trade. Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle sets the scene for what might occur on July 1.

Justice writes: "Chris Bosh will open his front door at 12:01 a.m. July 1 and see a smiling Daryl Morey standing between Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming. How's that for a first impression? Morey will have a bag of other goodies, including a video showing off Houston and a testimonial from Rockets season-ticket holder Andre Johnson urging Bosh to join him in Clutch City. There will be hundreds of Facebook and Twitter posts from fans, a Rockets jersey with Bosh's name on it and -- I almost forgot this teensy-weensy part of the presentation -- a contract worth $120 million. At least, this is how it might go. ... So while Morey's first priority will be persuading Bosh to play for the Rockets, his other will be making a deal with Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo."

Marc Stein
    Could Bosh end up in Houston?

"If the Raptors and Bosh reach the expected conclusion that it's time for an amicable divorce, Houston has amassed an enticing cache of sign-and-trade assets. One source, offering one small example, says that the Raptors are intrigued by young forward Jordan Hill, whom the Rockets extracted from the Knicks in the Tracy McGrady three-way deal in February. ... if Bosh indeed proves willing to join the Rockets via sign-and-trade, will try to foist Hedo Turkoglu on Houston as part of the deal. Would the Rockets be willing to take on Turkoglu's contract ($43.8 million over the next four years) and surrender, say, Trevor Ariza in return to clinch Bosh's arrival? The cost of adding Bosh along with Turkoglu would likely be prohibitive for the Rockets, but Toronto certainly figures to try.""

1 person likes this.
  3. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

its old nothing new, but i posted it for you

4. SternSuckS

SternSuckS Member

Raptors forward Chris Bosh used his Twitter page Friday to ask fans where he should end up next season. Bruce Arthur of the National Post thinks Bosh made a bad choice doing that and believes he was just seeking attention.

Arthur writes: "This, however, was not his finest moment. Maybe he thought it would be playful; maybe he was just bored on a Friday night, waiting for the Lakers-Thunder game to start. Maybe he genuinely doesn't know what to do -- which seems likely -- and decided to do a little dance with the masses. But that's what this was -- a cry for attention, for affection, for an adrenaline shot to the ego. Worse, it was a disingenuous cry; it was the kind of fan-baiting that Bosh was above this season, as he conducted himself with dignity and respect."

Most observers of the NBA believe Bosh will not be in Toronto next season either by a sign-and-trade or just by signing a contract with another club.

Houston is definitely one team that hopes to land him via a sign-and-trade. Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle sets the scene for what might occur on July 1.

Justice writes: "Chris Bosh will open his front door at 12:01 a.m. July 1 and see a smiling Daryl Morey standing between Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming. How's that for a first impression? Morey will have a bag of other goodies, including a video showing off Houston and a testimonial from Rockets season-ticket holder Andre Johnson urging Bosh to join him in Clutch City. There will be hundreds of Facebook and Twitter posts from fans, a Rockets jersey with Bosh's name on it and -- I almost forgot this teensy-weensy part of the presentation -- a contract worth $120 million. At least, this is how it might go. ... So while Morey's first priority will be persuading Bosh to play for the Rockets, his other will be making a deal with Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo."

Could Bosh end up in Houston?

"If the Raptors and Bosh reach the expected conclusion that it's time for an amicable divorce, Houston has amassed an enticing cache of sign-and-trade assets. One source, offering one small example, says that the Raptors are intrigued by young forward Jordan Hill, whom the Rockets extracted from the Knicks in the Tracy McGrady three-way deal in February. ... if Bosh indeed proves willing to join the Rockets via sign-and-trade, will try to foist Hedo Turkoglu on Houston as part of the deal. Would the Rockets be willing to take on Turkoglu's contract ($43.8 million over the next four years) and surrender, say, Trevor Ariza in return to clinch Bosh's arrival? The cost of adding Bosh along with Turkoglu would likely be prohibitive for the Rockets, but Toronto certainly figures to try.""

In Morey we trust!
    Marc Stein

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I knew Morey was gonna be at his house at 12:01 on July 1st but I haven't heard any of that other stuff before. Morey is really pushing to get Bosh in Houston, that is awesome news.

Thanks for posting the article.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think he is going to make a big push obviously but I hope he still plays Morey Hard Ball with Colangelo and sends him home crying like Walsh with a 2020 second round draft pick... if he's lucky.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

"Jordan Hill, whom the Rockets extracted from the Knicks."

I like the word "extracted." It sounds like we really digging into a hole and found a human being in Jordan Hill..all bones still intact right under the bedrocks.

3 people like this.
  8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The insider is such a rip off. They basically copy and paste the team's newspaper article. I didn't know what it was a bout, but I had a hunch they would use Rick Justice's piece.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's a Richard Justice article. I promise you knew as much about what was going to happen in FA before you read a Richard Justice article as you do when you finish it.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

LOL rep added.

11. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

The thing is, Justice is just trying to be funny because that's exactly what Morey did for Gortat last summer.

12. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

no way did he take Hakeem and Yao to Gortat's house.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

of course not but Morey will pull out all the stops and bring Hakeem, Yao, Moses and Deke if it would entice Bosh to come to Houston even in the slightest.

I am sure other GMs/teams will be at Bosh door at that time, imagine Morey rolling in with those 4 Moses by himself will clear a path all the way to the front of the door.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Four seven feet tall centers for Morey's bodyguards, that would be cool.

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

:cool: :cool:

16. redao

redao Member

that way, Bosh might be enticed to sign at MLE and Raptors would like to give us their first rounder for a peaceful Canada.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Bosh and Hedo on the rockets with brooks martin and yao...? I'd be very happy with that lineup.

c yao
    pf bosh
    sf hedo
    sg martin
    pg brooks

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I am rather terrified at how awful our defense might be.

19. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

-It felt thoroughly lame for the media to so quickly knock bosh's use of twitter. WTH? There are dozens of voices far more boisterous when it comes to players in the NBA.

-Trying to write whole sentences trying to explain why someone tweets what they've tweeted seems about as stupid as me trying to write this awkward sentence criticizing them! My point is, who cares, not us... I'd hope.

-Meanwhile, I also just hope that of anyone soon to come to Houston to play... that they come to play ready to grow with the hearty guys we already have. RA's system feels like heart - and like gold - and like... "CHAMPS SOON!!!" to me. And I most want any new players... no matter how talented they are... to buy into THAT and come ready to hustle and work, and to clown people up and down the court along with my boys AB and Klow, etc. ;)

20. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Horrible :(