1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can someone please tell the rockets about ball movement?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OverRRated, Feb 17, 2002.

1. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Iso is nice to have in your game plan if you have the players, but there's a little thing called ball movement, and moving with out the ball that the Rockets have never heard of.

Is it that hard to jog when you don't have the ball to set a pick, or get open?

It's not only the Rockets, but all the average teams in the league.....which is the majority of the league.

:confused:

2. dave feitl

dave feitl Member

No one will probably post on this topic, because what is good constructive criticism gets somehow construed into negative bashing. Like when you point out our two best scorers are really just selfish and play horrible D.That our assist stats are worse than a YMCA team. I wish they would pass the ball more but I guess that's in RUDYS plan book. OH NO WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT DO NOT QUESTION RUDY!!!!

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

How in the hell is that "constructive criticism"? Thats bashing, pure and simple.

Get a dictionary.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is not bashing, it is just being realistic. There is nothing wrong with criticizing poor play.

To be a fan does not mean to blindly follow the company line, if the team sucks...you can point it out.

DaDakota

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Bah, that's bashing. Unsubstantiated, exaggerated claims? That's Bashing.

I could say, "I really try not to read the Rockets forum anymore, because most of what's posted there is unmitigated crap by people who really don't know what the **** their talking about and would have a tough time telling a basketball from their own ass"

But that's not bashing.

Its being realisitic.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Pued,

Well I agree that is not bashing...it is being realistic...and accurate.

:)

DaDakota

7. dave feitl

dave feitl Member

If two years from now we all see the same problems and nothing has changed, will it be bashing then too or will it have validity?

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Who cares if its bashing or constructive criticism?

Fact remains, ball movement is a problem, whether or not you are pissed off about it, or if you are happy about it.

9. Franz Kafka

Franz Kafka Member

This is the way I see the Rockets offense:

The player with the ball moves alot.

The ball moves sometimes.

The players without the ball rarely move.