1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Sengun become Jokic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Arnel

Arnel Member

You’re not really being genuine here. Jokic is much bigger overall, taller and much much longer. He is not “an inch taller” the standing reach is quite different for those two guys, by a good margin. You ignored also the poster talking about their shoulder height etc.

hlmbasketball, maj21 and HP3 like this.
  2. Arnel

Arnel Member

yea if you’re talking about potential, then a scola comparison is just straight up dumb and lazy. He won’t be a jokic, but barring some injury or something drastic he’s bound to be quite better than Louis scola.

maj21 likes this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

So now you are comparing the raw teenagers, but using on one playing 20 years vs 2 seasons where I Am comparing just their first two, and they were both considered flashy(which you despise for unknown reasons) and played same position but one was drafted by 50+ win team and the other to bottom tier, the comparison is just that, no diff than Green being compared to Beal or Booker/Lavine, you seem to lose your mind with the comparison to Kobe, which is personal prob so be it

What is there to deny? I stated I was a seer/fly on the wall with no horse in this race, your narrative of who I Am is your flawed assumption

Just like when Kobe entered league he was getting Jordan comparison, and on top of that he patterned his entire game and persona after Jordan, and lucky for him he demanded Lakers over Hornets or he probably would have went down as the K Malone of SG because he for sure wasn't winning 5 ships with Hornets, but did with Lakers which made the Jordan comparison more rampant and media narrative driven

4. Arnel

Arnel Member

ehh, not true

clos4life and Ancient Moabite like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The difference is talent and how much those comparisons are deserved.

Now sure, Kobe never lived up to the Jordan comparisons, but he was still a two way generational talent and HOFer.....a guy who still was #1 in his draft class in win shares.

Now compare that with a guy who is inefficient on offense and one of the worst in the league on defense while being 20th in his draft class in win shares.

Sorry killer, but as much as you want to force it, there's just no comparison to be made. Never for a second was Kobe one of the worst at anything in the league. He just wasn't given the Jalen Green treatment because his team wanted to win and his coach wanted to not get fired....though he ultimately did get fired for Phil Jackson anyway.

If Kobe accepted being drafted by the Hornets, his numbers would have been crazy from day 1, instead he wanted to be on a contender so he didn't get the minutes for a few years.

You can't make that a reason to compare him to just any flashy scrub. It's honestly disrespectful to one, and cruel to the other.

Like I said though, you've proven my point several times over. You are a delusional fanboi, if you weren't, you wouldn't keep trying to force this comparison. There's no valid basketball reason to compare a disappointing 2 year player with a HOFer. You might as well be comparing Jalen Suggs to Jason Kidd....you know, both sucked at shooting at one point right? So they have to be the same player?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't it though?

7. Arnel

Arnel Member

[​IMG]

8. HP3

HP3 Member

No. Let him be the best Sengun he can be.

9. Ancient Moabite

Kobe got compared to Jordan rookie year not over time or after first 3peat, it was just that, a comparison where they saw similarities with playing same position and Kobe hijacked Jordan game similar to how KPJ did Harden, Kobe was just the actual replica

Kobe was probably number one in win shares from his rookie class(1st yr) being they had got Shaq that same offseason and Jones/Van Exel made all star teams, Lakers were already a 50 win team, no doubt Kobe would have scored more with Hornets, just like no doubt he wouldn't have 5 rings if he played there for 20 seasons

You can compare those drafted, they do it all the time based on similar style/trajectory and that is what it is, its not literally saying they will be that player, that is why you are delusional in thinking that

Its no different in NFL when players enter and get comparisons to other players, rather they are legend or just good players

Barkley may have had comparisons to Barry or whatever else RB coming into the league, didn't mean he was Barry etc

After Kobe rookie year you would have traded him just based on what he showcased on hardwood, just as you want Green gone

I never proved your point, because I never said Green was the next Kobe, you proved you are delusional water boy for the bootleg version of Harden and got bent all out of shape and acting like you don't see the pattern(not elite production) of your hero out there doing his best impersonation

You could compare the speed of Kidd/Green, but one is clearly a pure PG(what Rockets need) who looks to overpass assist hunt and the other is a pure shooting guard looking to get buckets, may as well throw Jordan in there who sucked at shooting 3's overall as well

Pretty sure Kidd didn't hit 8 threes in a game rookie year(or possibly ever)

And when your backup is Nix, you really don't have to be that good at all, just act like it and dribble up the ball past half court and you got him beat out, and then call yourself the head honcho based on that

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shoulder width, torso width, girth width.

Think Jokic lost 20-25 pounds during the Covid phase, he was even heavier before.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#110 daywalker02, Jun 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    hlmbasketball, Arnel and maj21 like this.
  11. AlpysNumberThreeFan

Yo I am a Turkish Besiktas supporter who has been watching alpy closely for the past 4-5 years. What else you expect me to name my account ?! :) The name was just for fun tho. I don’t even comment that much here, but I have to say in the last two years I adopted the Rockets as my second team and excited for the teams future as a whole, not just Alpy. At some point I might change my name to “GreensNumberTwoFan” or something. Who knows? :) This year I will probably write more as I am planning to watch more games.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sengun's Kenyon Martin jr with a longer neck

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're such a GD hater and doubter bro how dare you call yourself a Houston Rocket fan you've been this way since day 1 what is wrong with you??? ;)

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hate the sin, love the sinner

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Genius!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But with the Kobe/MJ comparisons, there was a valid reason for them, Kobe from day 1 showed why those comparisons were made.....he just didn't get the Jalen Green treatment where he was instantly handed all of the minutes and usage without earning it. Young Kobe was NEVER a poor defender, he came out of the gate a 2 way player. When they made those comparisons, they weren't hyping up an underperforming scrub which is what Jalen Green fans are doing when they try to force ridiculous comparisons that simply aren't there. Kobe was a significantly better palyer at 18 years old in his first Summer League game than Jalen at 21....and Kobe wasn't even a full time starter till he was 20.

The rhetorical trick you are playing here is that you are attempting to make cosmetic comparisons between Harden and KPJ and using that as an excuse to push quality comparisons between your hero Jalen and HOFers/future HOFers. No one makes comparisons between Harden and KPJ in terms of talent or quality....meanwhile we have all seen the Jalen Green and Sengun fans deadass argue that their guys will be HOF caliber players.

Someone pointing out that KPJ was the 2nd best performing player and the best 3 point shooter on the tanking Rockets this past season is nowhere near the same thing as the cults arguing that their guys are going to be top 10 players in the league and future HOFers. One is just facts, the others are fanboi delusion.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

That's a fair size assessment

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

QUESTION?

If the Rockets get Amen, in comparison to the Nuggets, how close are the Rockets to the Nuggets and where are the disadvantages?

Center Jokic - Sengun
    PF Gordon - Smith
    SF M. Porter - K. Porter
    SG Murray - Green
    PG KCP - Amen

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The main difference is Sengün has to make this team his own, put his personal stamp on it.

Then lead this team to a 50-54 win record with the help of couple borderline All Stars and defensive players.

Sengün has to communicate to Ime Udoka that the Rockets are his team alone.

Now Udoka is likely prioritizing Jalen Green because he is the scoring machine.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets would in no way be comparable with the Nuggets, they'd be significantly worse at literally every position.