1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Sengun become Jokic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jun 2, 2023.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

It’s true lol. How many people joined here bc of Sengun? How many joined bc of KPJ?

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There are maybe 2-3 accounts that have joined because of Alp lol.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think there are near as many as there were Lin fans.
    Not even close

4. maj21

maj21 Member

You know that’s not true. We even have a guy who has Alperen Sengun his name on here. Do see any accounts like that of any other player? I don’t see a Kevin Porter Jr or a Jalen Green. If so, they’re awfully quiet on here lol

5. maj21

maj21 Member

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol @Sen89 was here long before Sengun

Also - take it as a sign of him being a good player.

You are right, nobody creates a KPJ account.

The players in whose names accounts were created here are (thinking backwards chronologically) Harden, T-Mac, Yao, Francis, Dream.

And now Sengun.

You made a good observation.

Fans do this for franchise players.

Dovahkiin, Sen89, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  7. maj21

maj21 Member

Has nothing to do with how good he is lol.. many of them admitted they’d leave if we traded him. What other players on the team have a bunch of accounts like this? Some even joined before he played a regular season game lol

8. Ancient Moabite

You can't comprehend worth two cents

KPJ is clearly a iso herky jerk step back three taker, slow man style game similar to Harden and a lefty at that, so those comparisons are legit, Stevie Wonder can see that

Its not dissing KPJ, he seems to have modeled his game somewhat(minus the fat suit) after Harden but is nowhere near apex or even 6th man 2012 version in OKC

Kobe became that, but not after first two seasons, which I figured you were counting his prime/best against first two seasons of Green, which I Am comparing their first two seasons and them coming straight out of HS and them being shooting guards, those are legit comparisons(opinion)

If you were saying Kobe is one of the best of his generation after first two seasons then you are just being a elite troll, now you could say he has potential to be after two years in, similar to how I viewed Bron to be a top 10 ever after rookie yr based on what he showcased as it would translate over yrs barring any major injury, but he wasn't top 10 all time after rookie yr

Same wth Joker, nobody was saying he was best big of generation first two seasons, if I recall correctly there were whispers of moving him for Nurkic

But at least Denver didn't fumble the ball on that, and Sixers cult fanatics would probably beg to differ on who is best big of this era

Comparing a Chihuahua to a Mastiff is cool if you are doing it as who is better as family dog or easier to train and not comparing their natural power or bite force

But comparing a Mastiff to a Boerbel/Kangal and their similar traits are more in line, just as comparing a Yorkie to Chihuahua physical traits are more in line

Nobody was comparing Green to Shaq and nobody was comparing Sengun to Archibald/Murphy

But I applaud your shifted narrative, and you still didn't answer the basic middle school question

What was the talent gap between Kobe/Joker vs. Green/Sengun after BOTH combos completed their first TWO NBA seasons?

C'mon genius educate me on TALENT, since you assume I Am a delusional dumb fan boi cult follower

9. sefril

sefril Member

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Arnel

Arnel Member

The free throw percentage is typically a good sign of someone’s potential as a pure shooter. I see a pretty big difference there. Otherwise, rest of it looks decent obviously.

but chances are, based on his free throw percentage, he’ll never be as good of a shooter as Jokic. And that’s ok.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think it has to do with exhaustion/stamina/focus issues.

In his MVP season in the Turkksh league at age 18, his FT % was .812 - almost exactly like Jokic's at age 20.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/alperen-sengun-1.html

BamBam and Arnel like this.
  12. Saeculum

Saeculum Member

Just going to post Per 36 and Advanced from BBreference without comment for both players for their first two years (note: Jokic entered the league a year older).

Jokic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sengun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The biggest difference is that Denver committed to Jokic after year 1.

That empowered him and drove his growth.

Houston must do it now, after year 2.

14. Arnel

Arnel Member

not sure. He improved in just about all categories in his second year with the exception of free throw shooting. He’s a career 71% free throw shooter so far in two full years.

jokic has never had any seasons when he wasn’t in the 80% percentile.

I like Sengun, but once again not sure he can become a shooter on Jokic level. And that will still be ok.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

Haha I know a little bit about it bc I used to creep on from time to time. It’s all happening again lol

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The point is, you might as well be making those comparisons, they are just about as valid.

The talent gap between Kobe and Jalen is pretty much the talent gap between any HOFer and a player who is 20th in their own draft class in win shares.

The talent gap between Kobe and Jalen is wider than the talent gap between Jalen and Nix.

That said, the fact that you STILL keep trying to force these comparisons just makes my point from earlier. The delusional cultists REALLY believe there are these comparisons to be made.....and that's hilarious.

17. Ancient Moabite

Basically what I said, but his no.1 water boy took it was I was saying they are on the same level talent/hardwood floor impact

18. Ancient Moabite

There you go again assuming something where it was stated in simple 3rd grade terms

You communicate well, you comprehend poorly

What is a forced comparison? Did Green/Kobe not enter the league as raw shooting guards? Did Joker enter the league and put up Wilt rookie yr numbers?

If Kobe was on the Rockets and avg 7ppg as a hyped up rookie, his comparison from you would have been levels lower than Brewer comparison for sure

Jokic and Kobe slowly developed into what they are by year 4(standard bar), they were not day one all NBA caliber dominant like a Dream/Shaq or Jordan

Now if you want to FORCE yourself to believe that, more power to you

Was Kobe a HOF'er after completing second season at 15ppg? Was Kobe a HOF'er after rookie year at 7ppg(Brewer-esque)

Nobody in their right mind would ever compare a 20 yr HOF career vs. First two seasons of any player, that is complete comedy

And to think you call people on here dumb n delusional, not realizing you are the Jerry Jones of it(GM/owner/president/CEO/CFO etc)

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, they both play basketball, they both entered the league as teenagers.....then the comparison ends because one was a supremely talented two way player, the other isn't even a top player taken in their own draft class.

Again, the fact that you continue to defend these laughable comparisons just proves the point I was making all along.

You're a delusional fanboi, it's fine, just own it.

Remember how you made a half ass attempt to deny it just a few pages back? Why even waste your time like that?

Just be who you are. Some will laugh at it, and that's fine. Stay true to yourself as a true believer in the cult.

20. invocux

invocux Member

Hardcore Sengun fans or Sengun enjoyers doesn't matter they like to defend Sengun on this forum because he is good at basketball. When you are good at something people will get behind you this is inevitable. Why do people surprise? Even when Forrest Gump decided to run for 3 years for no particular reason had gathered some crowd. Kid is arguably the best player in the team ofc he will have hardcore fans. I thought we as species has evolved enough to connect simple dots. This is heartbreaking.

Arnel and cmoak1982 like this.