1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Sengun become Jokic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Ancient Moabite

You take comparisons literally when they are just that, a opinionated comparison between someone is not literally saying they are or will be the same player, its just similar development or something the newer player may have taken from the older generation and showcases Iron the hardwood

Jordan was compared to Dr J for the flash/dunks, TMac coming into league was said to be a more athletic version of Magic, AI was called a six foot Jordan, Shaq was called modern day Wilt, Dream on defense reminded people of B Russell

And your favorite best young player has been called a bootleg version of Harden, which he somewhat plays like

clos4life and OremLK like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Go ahead and explain exactly what you think I would be mad about as I'm laughing at you two fanbois throw a tantrum over getting called out.....accurately.

You know you believe those things...don't deny it, even if I find it to be comedy.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

More like a mix between Scola and Jokic

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The difference here is that no one actually thinks that KPJ could become "the next Harden"....that's just your best attempt at a comeback because you are dumb enough to think I'm some massive KPJ fan when that's clearly not the case. Saying that a player is one of the best on one of the worst teams is merely an accurate observation. There's no delusion involved.

That said, this thread is full of people unironically suggesting that Sengun can be the next Jokic....and at least one that is arguing that he can be better.

The twin cults of Sengun and Green are things that actually exist here. It's hilarious, sure, but they actually do exist.....and you felt called out, which is why you are lashing out now.

5. Ancient Moabite

I just added on to your emotionally charged rinse and repeat rant

Once again you are assuming something is a lie when I just added on to your reply, which some have compared the development of Sengun/Green to those other two, and I added the one you water boy for and you got upset

I Am a seer who just calls it as it plays out to be, I don't have a horse in this race, but you assume because I always add in your hero who is the 'best most consistent young player' on the team accordIng to your genius bball mind

Which I Am being delusional just for even saying that last part about your mental state on bball

#65 Ancient Moabite, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

Nobody is saying he will be, but he plays like a bootleg version

Unless you don't actually watch the games you can't be serious and are just trolling

Nobody in their right mind would call him a bootleg Harden if KPJ didn't actually showcase a similar style of trying to do that style

KPJ won't ever be in a 4-5 year stretch as MVP finalist, so no he won't be Harden, he is the bootleg watered down version, which nothing is wrong being that

No I didn't claim you are a massive KPJ fan, I said you are his water boy

You defend Beavis n Butthead over the 3 Stooges(or vice versa)

#66 Ancient Moabite, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, I'll play along.

If I went into a Sengun thread and said "Sengun is not the next Jokic"....how many unhinged replies by the cult would I get telling me exactly why Sengun not only was the next Jokic, but how he would be better?

How about if I went into a Jalen Green thread and said how he definitely was not the next Kobe?

Here's the thing killer, I've done both....I've already seen the hilarious unhinged responses to what should be completely uncontroversial statements.

Now let's go to a KPJ thread and say that he's not the next Harden....how many "well, obviously" comments would that get?

The issue here is that you are lashing out, but you aren't at all tethered to reality.

I would have more respect for you if you just admitted what you OBVIOUSLY are instead of trying to always hide your power level like this.

maj21 likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, I’ve been a Houston fan long before you KPJ fans. And of course you’re mad, your boy isn’t a part of the core 3. He’s the next man up.
    It upsets you because you somehow believe he’s the best or second best player on the team…..he’s not

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

just put him on ignore, really improves the bbs experience

10. Ancient Moabite

They are just similar in development

KPJ is obviously the bootleg Harden version, Green and Kobe came straight out of HS, Jokic and Sengun get compared based on similarities, but that doesn't mean the younger 3 are the next version of what the older 3 became

It wouldn't bother me because I Am not in that cult-ure club that you assumed I Am apart of, that is why I can go back n forth with you in such a comedy serious way that you assume and lump me into your fantasy cult-ure narrative

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, there's no such thing as a "KPJ fan".

Is he currently one of the best players on one of the worst teams in the league? Of course....but that's just objective reality. Last season, the Rockets didn't have any really good players. Sengun and KPJ were pretty much the best they had going for them....and that's why they are yet again picking in the top 4 in the draft.

You view the team through a player first lens and thus you assume everyone else must be the same....it's confession by projection.

It's okay, I get that you are upset and lashing out because you feel like you got called out. With time, the hurt will go away.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol ok KPJOF

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no comparison.

KPJ isn't on Harden's level when it comes to talent, Green isn't on Kobe's level when it comes to talent, Sengun isn't on Jokic's level when it comes to talent.

Those false comparisons are just what fanbois do to hype their guy....and they are usually done to cover up for shortcomings.

Like Jalen has been a disappointment in his first 2 years, so we have his fanbois pushing hilarious comparisons that are ridiculous.

Sengun clearly has physical shortcomings that will cap his ceiling....so we get the Jokic BS.

I know you want to pretend that you aren't one of those fanbois, but the way you lashed out just like the other fanboi, in EXACTLY the same way to me making fun of those fanbois suggests that you are lying....and not convincingly.

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Sengun is a poorman's Cato

15. Ancient Moabite

I never said he was on Harden level, quote me where II posted that

I said he plays similar, so a bootleg watered down version would never have the same impact on team or individual level as the authentic, saying he is a bootleg is a major downgrade

How do you rank talent gap from those players? What are you basing their first two seasons in off of, the eye test right?

What did Kobe do first two years in that had you mesmerized? Besides starting in all star game that was based on the fanatical Lakers cult, what did he actually show you his first couple seasons, genuinely?

I mean how can you not start for your regular season team but in the all star game? In your second season at that fresh out of HS, now that is some serious cult worshipping right there courtesy of Lakers nation, Sengun/Green cult has nothing on Lakers nation, facts

And Joking avg less than 10ppg rookie season, so how did you rank his talent after rookie year? Or after first two seasons in?

You seem to be confused and comparing those older players entire careers against two seasons of the young bulls

Or maybe you are taking those older players apex prime stretch against the first two years of Green/Sengun

KPJ coming into his 5th season can possibly upgrade his bootleg Harden game, which would be a plus so they could not be a bottom feeder, and his head honcho status can be more solidified

Speaking about something that happened isn't being a fan boi

You water boys sure like to deflect your status onto others, cut it out, its wack

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, there's really no comparison at all....you're just trying to force one because you REALLY want to make other comparisons....that also aren't there.

You're giving yourself away by on one hand saying "bootleg" with one ludicrous comparison while taking the other two seriously....when they are even further apart.

Kobe was a 2 way player, one of the best of a generation, Jalen is awful offensively when you factor in efficiency AND he's one of the worst defensive players in the entire league....he's not even a "bootleg" version. You're trying to compare one of the best of a generation to 20th in his own draft class in win shares. LOL

Jokic is the greatest big man of a generation, Sengun is a fan favorite on the worst team in the league because of his quirky personality and his flashy but often overly ambitious passes.

It's like trying to compare chihuahuas to mastiffs.

17. maj21

maj21 Member

Nobody is leaving if KPJ gets traded. A large number of fans would be gone if Sengun gets traded. I’m just being honest :/

Os Trigonum and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Kevin Porter must have idolized Harden at a very young age as a fanboi.

But his physique is vastly different than Harden‘s, he seems to be a lot leaner than Harden even if he attempts to emulate Harden's moves.

But the same turnover prone approach, also unmotivated on Defense.

When KPJ plays like Harden, you could watch it on telly, it just seems different.

Arnel and Ancient Moabite like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stop it. You’re an admitted Alp hater, no real fan is leaving and no real fan hates this hard on one of our young stars

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one said any "real fans" were leaving, he was talking about the cultists....and you can lie about it, but you KNOW there are a lot of them that would follow their favorite player just like the Lin fans before them.

maj21 likes this.