1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Royce White be Lebron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jun 29, 2012.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

I would say 4 years from now he will probably put up a trip dub or two every now and then.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Thanks for the laugh.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yes i agree this thread is not funny and is disgraceful.

1 person likes this.
  4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I like how 90% of the respondents in this thread haven't even seen the kid play, lmao.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

What a stupid question.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And the other 10% want to know if he can be even close to LeBron.
    Yes because:
    Great ball handler
    Great passer
    Rebounder

Not likely because:
    Overweight
    Needs to improve jumpshot

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He doesnt look overweight to me .... He's just a thick guy.

I was pissed about the pick to begin with , still not thrilled with the way the draft went but Ive warmed up to the idea of White because of that unique skillset.

8. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Royce already grows a better beard than LeBron by a long shot. No freakish neck beard for Royce.

9. marothisu

marothisu Member

So blown out of proportion. it's not even funny. Did you hear about the time he flew to Italy and back last summer with the team? I hear it was a complete non event and nothing happened.

10. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

From Draft Express:

Best Case: Boris Diaw
    Worst Case: James Johnson

Boris Diaw is not LeBron James...and this is one view of his ceiling...

11. marothisu

marothisu Member

It's pretty obvious many of you have only seen a few highlights of the guy and are speaking like you saw so much of him this year.. I'll help you out here. Sure, many of you are correct. Right now, he's not LeBron. LeBron is an amazing player, but the potential on White is definitely there to be a LeBron-type player.

And whoever says he's slow? Right.. He's actually very fast for his size and gets around guys quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdu87Ak7V94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMWH4RCk-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2SFJwbd_yA

Pay attention at 0:15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEIGQPrUR1E

He's not "slow" especially for a 6'8" 260-270 pound dude. Also, he's not "bulky." He benched 185 pounds 29 times before the combine. That would have put him top 25 of any NFL combine in history.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Anthony mason.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is Pure Muscle.

14. JonesDaddy

JonesDaddy Contributing Member

I get why people are instantly dismissing this, but at the same time, LBJ is the exact player I thought of as a comparison as well.
    Lebron is a more well rounded player and can do everything on the court fairly well.
    I don't think White is nearly as well rounded, but the point-PF comparison is pretty decent.

Watching the last game of the Finals, all I could think about was how hard Lebron was going to the bucket and that no one steps in for that charge.
    As a Rox fan living in OH, I've seen way more Lebron than I've cared to, and always thought the way to beat him is to make him shoot jumpers.
    The last game of the Finals was super scary to me because Lebron didn't really shoot any jumpers in at least the first half.
    It was constant attacking and it was unstoppable.
    If you try to block him, he goes through you, and if you step in to take the charge, then God have mercy on your soul.

While he lacks the all around game and almost definitely doesn't have anywhere near the same ceiling, White is a mammoth man considering his speed and handles.
    I've heard him referred to as the most unique prospect in the draft and I think this is the primary reason.

People don't step in and take charges from Lebron because you will lose that collision. Can't help but see that White will bring a similar presence to the table.

To reiterate, I don't think White is Lebron 2.0, but I can't think of a better comparison for the unique quality he brings to the table.

15. liveguy

liveguy Member

Facts.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Barkley is a ok Comparison, but Charles was pound for pound along with Rodman the best rebounder of alltime.

17. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

This. If he hadn't had neck spasms during the combine athleticism day, he would have beat everyone's bench by 10 reps. His was hoping to go for the combine record.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, people are basing their opinions on what they've heard.

Honestly, from all that I've heard, I think White should model his game after LeBron's.

If our playmaker is on the bench, White could take over floor general duties.

No one is comparing White to James; I don't know what's with all these "NO!" comments. But I think White certainly has the mold of LeBron.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm just saying, the kid was unstoppable in college. I can see him being the same way in the league in a few years. If he could develop a good work ethic, i'm telling you guys, we may have really struck gold this time.:eek:

20. Apps

Apps Member