1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Lior Eliyahu help

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, May 8, 2007.

1. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Okay guys after watching the Golden State in Utah game, I just think Utah is just so well coached and they do a excellent job at flopping and you have to minimize mistakes to beat them. Nothing you guys don't already no. I do believe we need some missing pieces not a overhaul though. Just one trade, one free agent, a solid draft pick, and a coach to play some players that should have got a look this year. Anyway I have only watched maybe a game and half of Lior but he is 6'9 with a solid build and he is a good athlete. What are your thoughts of him, he maybe somewhat of a tweener but so are Hayes and Battier and he is taller and more athletic than both of them.

2. danny317

danny317 Member

isnt this guy the jewish kid the rox drafted a while back?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My guess is that game and a half you watched is a game and a half mroe than 99% of the people on this board have seen of him.

I haven't seen any, short a few highlight clips, so my thoughts are as follows.

Lior Eliyahu can NOT help this Rockets team in the immediate future.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dam that jvg...he cant develop talent ;)

5. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

Hi

lior is a huge athlete and huge potential i now him personally and watching him live twice a week this guy just need to be more aggresive and he'll be a superstar.

my opinion he need to stay in europe and israel 1 more year and then to move to NBA!!!

Whoever want to see lior in action can contact me!!!

MSN Messenger -

dudulevy@hotmail.com

6. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

I remember talking about Vspan last yeart this time, haha...

7. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

He seems average. Although these are just highlights, from what i saw it doesnt seem like he'll help us much.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FrNibG6gp8A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FrNibG6gp8A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-Qq54SCdlo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-Qq54SCdlo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

isn't this the Orthodox Jewish reggae-rapper?

9. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

u can say all but he is not avrage he just need 1 more year in europe thats it!!! believe me his 1 of the great athlete and smart player that u saw!!!

10. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

You're thinking of Matisyashu. Oh and TheNextDLno8, i guess i should take your word for it, since you've seen him play a lot.

11. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

ok ;)

12. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

the one thing I hate about "highlight" reels on youtube is that they are pretty much uncontested dunks...

this kid looks like he is built pretty solidly though, I did notice someone knock his D in one of the youtube comments.

I guess the question is will the Rox bring him over for a look in summer league?

13. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Eliyahu's all about the jump from 2 feet/one handed Otis Thorpe dunk.

Decent athleticism. Not particularly explosive but moves around okay for his height. Developmental type player for sure from what I see....

We have TheNextDLno8 as a supporter. We gonna have any Lior-only fans in here later on? :eek:

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

really??? :D

i was kidding.

17. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

nope at least he'll prove himself on NBA!!!

18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I caught him in a few games on NBATV throughout the year.

The player he reminds me the most of (in terms of style) is Pau Gasol. He ssems to get the same sort of slithery movement away from the ball that somehow gets him very high percentage shots which he converts.

Dennis Lindsey had a report from a scouting trip on his blog on rockets.com, but I can't seem to find it. I found it off a site which copy and pasted it, so here it is below: