1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Kentucky Beat The Knicks?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jan 8, 2015.

?

Kentucky Wildcats vs New York Knicks

1. Kentucky

49 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. New York

103 vote(s)
    67.8%
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I would say yes. I knew the Knicks were bad but after what I saw tonight, it is far worse than I thought it was.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nah, they'd turn it on against college teams. Most were probably stars of their respective teams in college (pure guess). But paulwtfk and I can probably take on the Knicks.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

No way. Carmelo would light it up. And as Jontro pointed out most of the Knick players were, at the very least, very good if not great players in college.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If Derek Fisher gives them the same pep talk, I bet they wouldn't be intimidated by Kentucky.

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Just fyi, Melo, Cole Aldridge and Ray Felton were all NCAA champs.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And for the past several years honed their skills against elite level talent with NBA level trainers. No way a college team could beat even a historically bad NBA team.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

we have 10 idiots voting yes

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Never ever could happen, but I bet the right McDonald's high school team might be able to squeeze one off in a 5 game series.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lolz. No.

No sub-professional level team could beat an NBA team. Melo would break Wilt's single game scoring record and win the game by himself. Amare would look like its 2005 again and go for 30-30.

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Knicks would win by 30 at least. These are grown men playing against other grown men. NBA players playing against other NBA players. Kentucky is teenagers playing against other teenagers. You have to keep that in perspective. At the Rec a team of 30 year old guys beats a team of 19 year old kids every time.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Again with this? Sports Center has dumb down this generation

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Carmelo won a national championship by himself so no.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

No. No offense, but it's a dumb question.

The Knicks, while really bad, are an NBA team. Theoretically, they have 15 of the 450 best players in America/World. There is no question that they would not only win but rout Kentucky. Even without Melo, Amare, etc.

An 0-82 NBA team would win 99% of the time against the best college team.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

i VOTE YES . . basically for *****s and giggles

Rocket River

15. theimpossibles1

This kind of question gets asked all the time. Why not make this game happen. Worst record in the NBA plays the NCAA champs.

1) Ratings and $$$ for ESPN etc.
    2) Motivation for NBA teams not to tank.

Regardless of who wins, both teams would be PUMPED up, and it would be really exciting to watch (at least the first few minutes).

16. theimpossibles1

I think the game would be closer than many think. On one hand you have a team that has been in losing mode all year, probably feeling like "I just wanna go home." On the other hand you have a team that has been winning all year and just finished winning 6 single elimination games against staunch competition. Now they have the chance to embarrass an NBA team and really add to their reputation. The NBA team would be older, and more tired from a long season. The pressure not to lose to a college team would probably get to a lot of their heads too.

I'm not saying the NBA team would lose, I think it would be like a 16 seed playing a 1 seed. I always watch those games because the potential of the huge upset is a lot more exciting than watching some 8/9 match-up between two teams I don't care about.

17. cbk41

cbk41 Member

You really think the Knicks would let a bunch of punk kids beat them? I think you are daydreaming a 1/100 chance scenario and giving it too much validity.

18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I hope OP and all members that voted yes are sterilized to prevent their idiocy from being passed down to another generation.

19. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Some time back on a broadcast during the time period that Philly was on that loosing streak, someone asked JVG if Kentucky could beat Philly. I agreed with his response which follows:

"Philadelphia would drill them every game…It’s mind-boggling to me how the average fan thinks that because a team is gonna have some [future] pros on it…that they could beat a whole team of pros. "

20. MystikArkitect

Closer like...within 50?