1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can J-Lin become the third member of our Big Three?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Nov 13, 2013.

?

Can Jeremy Lin become the 3rd member of our big 3?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. Maybe

91 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Absolutely Not

41 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

He and Parsons already are the 3rd guy. And sometimes Dwight moves to #3.

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

He's there, if he doesn't misplace his magic socks again.

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if 1/4+ of the roster were revamped, but the roster is virtually the same, only with the inclusion of a major piece, which granted, changes the offensive and defensive scheme in a dramatic way, and yet, it should not be THAT dramatic. Yes, half-court sets are being ran, rotations, habits, and skills must be learned and adapted to, but c'mon now, a team with the supposed talent of the Rockets have should not be .500 into the 20th to 25th game.

And we all know that if a team has a great coach and/or very adaptable teammates, then time is considerably shortened. In that past years I've been watching Howard, I do not see this adaptability. We all know what Magic fans told, no warned, Lakers fans about, that Dwight was a team chemistry killer, which I thought was entirely bs; but now... I'm not so sure anymore.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think Lin and Parsons are stars. I think they are above average players. I think on any giving night at least one of them will go off. So we have a big 3 in the sense that Lin/ Parsons are half stars LOL.

5. torocan

torocan Member

You do realize the Heat went .500 for their first 20 games?

And some of those losses was time used trying to test the TT with Dwight + Asik? It's hard to win when we're spotting teams 20 points in the first quarter.

6. hltiki

hltiki Member

That TT experiment is an element, just one though, that adds to the original inquiry of whether there is a problem with the coaching, but it's an experiment, just one that prolonged a bit too long.

And the heat did go what, 9-8? but their roster went through greater changes than the Rockets did. Just the addition of LBJ and Bosh alone changes almost everything, especially for Wade, and that changes everything even more. I'm sure you remember the talks, ones that still exist to this day, of Spoelstra not being good enough for that team; and people here believe Spoelstra is overrated, but really, he did a great job with his team. Mchale is currently being placed in a similar, though not really, situation, and it is up to him to maximize all talents for a deep playoff run, which, imo, should at least be WCF; and if not, then one or more of the original questions asked will have been answered.

7. timyeung

timyeung Member

The season is still early, but a positive article about Lin in SB Nation (sorry LOHs):

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/15/5102166/jeremy-lin-rockets-role-breakout

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Lin continues to improve . . .