1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can J-Lin become the third member of our Big Three?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Nov 13, 2013.

?

Can Jeremy Lin become the 3rd member of our big 3?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. Maybe

91 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Absolutely Not

41 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Gil

Gil Member

Lin has to do this against the elite teams first. That and lower his turnovers.

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

All players talk to their agents at least semi-regularly, because their agents call them Why do their agents call them? Because the collect serious money by being the agent, and they want a strong relationship with the player. The fact that he spoke to his agent is not a story.

3. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Not sure which one specifically but it was one of his responses to one of the postgame interviews this season when asked about his role coming off the bench etc.

4. steady

steady Member

Lin mentioned in a post practice interview (around the time the decision to start Bev was made) how his agent had reminded him that 2 years ago Lin wasn't even sure he would be playing in the NBA, and how that was a good reminder to be grateful, etc. I assume that is what is being referenced.

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I don't care if every other teams pgs make 10 TOs a game, anything above 4 TOs is too many for a pg. Lin's got the talent, drive and work ethic and I hope he fixes it sooner rather than later.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Like the Spurs?

As for lowering turnovers, that's something that takes time. The same as improving individual and team defense takes time.

We have players on the reserves with more seasons and play time in the NBA than Lin. Really, we need to be a bit more realistic about learning curve here. Top flight NBA players aren't built overnight.

I know people love pointing and saying "But he still needs to work on X!", but really, considering how much shorter the list of stuff to work on has becomes just since LAST season, perhaps we should be a little more trusting that Lin knows that he has weaknesses and will continue to improve?

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL at Felton and JR. Do not want.

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

JR??? :eek::eek:

10. landryfans

landryfans Member

a covert knicks fan,

11. RocketPowerNick

12. Reach

Reach Member

13. RocketPowerNick

No two separate things I was talking about :confused:

14. Naruto

Naruto Member

Even if he can, he won't. It will be better for Clutchfans if he's gone. Then there'll be no Lin threads... Besides, he's just a backup according to some people here. Rockets need a very good PF and a good backup combo guard (at an acceptable salary). I think Rockets got enough very good trade assets to get what they want. Asik, Lin, TJones, Parsons and DMo, to name a few... Just a little more showcasing and some teams will take the bait. CB, LMA, KL, and to a certain extent, Horford and Favors are very good candidates.

15. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I think this is new thread worthy if only for the post-game quotes. There are a couple of nuggets in there that are new information.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

small sample size but 9 3s?

17. dudeimfromhtown

No, chandler is our 3rd star

18. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Too early to tell. I placed a "Maybe" which would become a definite "Yes" if he can maintain a high level of play til the end of the season. Oh, and also when he stops making some headscratching turnovers.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

What if they throw in Amare's contract and their second round pick in 2029?

20. langal

langal Contributing Member